“No time for this customer”
Review of The Bookstore

The Bookstore
Ranked #3 of 7 Shopping in Lenox
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“No time for this customer”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The owner was totally occupied with someone who was not a customer and never asked to help me--I was sitting with three possible purchases. I asked if he could discount a $30 book: answer: NO. I subsequently purchased the same book, NEW, for $7.00

Visited May 2012
4 Thank ClassicalCat

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great poetry selection!”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I could have spent half a day here. Wonderful selection of books, and an unusually large (in my experience) selection of poetry volumes. I had to put back half the books I chose, as I could not take them all. No room in the luggage!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Carol S
New York
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Don't miss this bookstore!”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

When I think of Lenox, I think of Tanglewood and this wonderful bookstore. I never fail to stop by when in the Berkshires. Its pleasures are many: the enjoyment of going to a real non-chain bookstore and leaving with unexpected treasures, the conversation with Matt, the owner, book expert and raconteur, the little cafe for snacks, coffee, and wine. And finally, I love sitting in the orange chair in the front for excellent people watching and book conversation.

Visited August 2011