“Beautiful display of pasteries”
Review of Patisserie Lenox

Patisserie Lenox
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Lenox
Cuisines: French
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This is a tiny little cute place which has French desserts and also serves light lunch items such as soup and salads. You order at the counter, but beware the staff are extremely slow even when there is no one in the place! I have even had them ignore me (is it too hard to say hello, I will be with you in a minute?) when I was waiting for service. We stop in here often for the macaroons which come in many flavors and we love lemon. We have tried some of the other dessert such as the chocolate mouse, the tarts, and a cinnamon/walnut roll and they are good, but not out of this world good. It is expensive (about the same price as NYC) so small treats add up quickly. It is a neat place to bring children or grandchildren for a treat because of the beautiful colors and display of the pastries.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

I've only had the raspberry-almond brioche here and I would sell my soul for it. I don't know when I'll be in Lenox again, but I'll dream of that brioche until I can get there!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

AVOID. This is a French, self service cafe. You order at a counter and they give you a number to put on your table. The counterperson was disintetested in helping us understand the menu. Actually, not helpful in the least. She was actually rude and unpleasant who turned what could have been a pleasant lunch into a miserable experience. We wound up with bechamel which turned out to be a gooey, gloppy concoction inside a crepe. Couldn't digest it. Wound up eating the pastry we had ordered to go. At least that was good. This place is extremely small. We elected to eat outside. Except the tables were dirty. We asked the counterperson to clean one for us. She did so reluctantly. The other dirty table just sat there. Also, there was no paper towels in the dispenser in the men's room. Someone had just left a giant roll without loading it into the machine. There is an "I don't give a ...." attitude in this place as well as a language barrier.

3  Thank TastyBake
Yulia B, Owner at Patisserie Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear TastyBake,

I am very sorry for your negative experience on the day you visited our cafe. It sounds like we must have been very busy at that particular moment. Sometimes there just isn't enough time to run out and clean the tables outside instantly as soon as the previous customers have left, and/or install the roll of paper towels in the bathroom when we have a long line inside the cafe, and only a few employees working that day. We simply are too small, as you have rightfully noted, to fit more employees behind the counter at a given time. We are operating at maximum capacity. And yes, we do offer jobs to people from Europe as part of the Work and Travel program, a student exchange program helping young people from around the world see the US and improve their English. We are very proud of doing that, and will continue to do so. All the girls who work for us are generally very sweet and pleasant with customers. We apologize if it didn't seem that way to you. Also, I cannot comment as to what you ate since we do not make crepes in our cafe. We hope you can put the negative experience behind, and give us another chance.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

This is a French patisserie and it is very good at what it does-i.e., French pastries. It also offers selection of three breakfast dishes, including eggs any way you want them for $8.50 (August 2014). The French press coffee was excellent; espresso and lattes very good to excellent. Regular coffee somewhat above average. Atmosphere generally authentic with French music playing in background. Sidewalk tables looked good and inviting. Live music we were told is played there regularly- piano player. Presentation in pastry case was excellent-couldn't try them all! This cafe offers bkfst, lunch and/or light dinner (I.e., salad type meals). Definitely a go-to place in the Berkshires for breakfast or lunch or just coffee and...

Reviewed August 9, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for lunch and were happy that we did. The food was fresh and well prepared. Service was friendly and prompt. Be sure to try the borscht as it was out of this world. Our sandwiches were also tasty. You won't be disappointed.