Seven Hills Inn
$175
Official Site
$59
$50
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort(Lenox)(Great Value!)
$129
Hotels.com
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
$121
Travelocity
All reviewsmanor housewedding weekendrobin wongbride and groomoutdoor ceremonylawn gamesbeautiful groundsthe main houseperfect venuewonderful weddingbanquet roomentire weekendguests staymusic roomjacob's pillowgracious hostsentire place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 6, 2009

The inn was over-priced considering its average quality. From its promotion, a gap between expectation and reality was inevitable. The inn has obviously seen better days and has great potential that has yet to be realized. It is tired, exhausted. We were assured that improvements were planned for the future but this should have been reflected in its current charging. There also seems to be an identity gap - the place isn't really an elegant country manor nor is it a boutique hotel. If the quality and value had been there, this probably wouldn't have mattered.

We had to ask for help with our luggage. Our room in the main building was mediocre, furnished in a style that was closer to bric-a-brac than fine antiques. There are no luxury touches one would expect for the price; no plush mattresses, no fine linens. The grounds, however, are lovely.

The breakfast was adequate but mass produced (i.e. warming trays) to accommodate the large crowd. In my experience, establishments in this price range typically offer individually prepared breakfasts, some with candlelight. Yes, the host worked the crowd but to no practical benefit as the service was short on staff.

The bright spot was the motel annex which, if reasonably priced, might make a good option for those wanting a more economical Lenox location.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank UsaAnon
Reviewed November 23, 2009

My wife and I picked the Seven Hills Inn as our wedding venue for the beautiful backyard and ability to have all of our guests stay on the property. Seven Hills is unique in that there are numerous types of rooms available so rooms are available for all types of wedding guests. Robin was amazing with the amount of work she put into our wedding, and continuously having problems solved before we realized they were problems. She was meticulous enough to have a carpenter custom make moldings to match the original decor of the mansion. Anything we didn't like about Seven Hills Robin was willing to change, for instance she bought all new plates for us just before the wedding. Her and Dennis made sure the entire day went perfectly, and Robin even helped as our MC.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2009

We just completed our second Scrapbooking Retreat at the Seven Hills Inn in Lenox and again it was a great time. The staff is so wonderful to work with and they help accomodate our every need. We have the luxury of being the only guests at the Inn during our weekend. This makes it fun for our late night guests, scrapping into the wee hours and for our early risers, breakfast was so wonderful....fresh made muffins ready in the morning, you can't beat it. We love working with Robin, she is delightful. So friendly and kind. She makes sure all her guests are happy and comfortable throughout the weekend.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I recently had the opportunity and good fortune to stay at the Seven Hills Inn in Lenox, Mass. I don't know which was better ... the lovely grounds or the accommodating innkeeper. Everything was done to assure that I was attended to. Robin, the innkeeper, greeted me upon arrival and because there were several rooms available, I was given my choice. I chose a lovely two room suite with the most comfortable king size bed. The inn itself is beautiful, with leaded glass all around. Breakfast (a nice variety of breads, cereals, fresh fruit, beverages) is set out in the large breakfast room with a broad view of the garden. The location is conveniently located to The Mount (next door) and just a short drive to Stockbridge (Rockwell Museum). I recommend this little gem highly ... you'll be coming back for years.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My daughter was recently married at Seven Hills in Lenox Mass. The two families and friends totaled about 65-70. Not a large wedding but being that she is my only daughter/Princess, I was very concerned that this very special day would go off perfectly. A big request I was keenly aware of. And filled with so many details to be coordinated: like having the wedding ceremony outdoors and what about inclement weather arrangements, gulp! This is late September in the Berkshires. And, how to make everyone happy with the rooms assignments, and the food, and the bar, oh yes the bar. These guys know good booze and would definitely need to have the edge taken off, and could the bartender(s) handle this charging thirsty crowd with hands extended. This is a big inn and how do you make it all beautiful and keep everyone smiling and lose? And the staff, would they be ready, willing, and able? What about the electronic needs and the speeches! …where is the bar? Then there is the Friday rehearsal dinner too, and the breakfasts, and the COSTS! Oh, I tried to buy her off, write her a check and forget this madness. I did my best but she resisted. So many things to coordinate and stay on top of.
And then, viola, in steps Robin and Denis Wong, the proprietors of the Seven Hills Inn. There is a God after all. Robin’s background is theater and Denis background is the NYC financial district. These guys know details and were dedicated to providing great customer service. Robin was a master at coordinating all of these details with us over the several months prior to the wedding. I am sure that in a past life of hers she was some great army field general. I was beginning to feel that they were part of the family. Denis and Robin from the get-go emphasized that the Inn would become our home for the weekend, and indeed it did. This was great to have everyone be able to feel at home for the whole weekend, to be able to move around as they felt and to enjoy the beautiful grounds and historic Inn. The rooms were beautiful, especially those overlooking the gardens. The Inn space was great with a large music room for dancing and mingling, a large parlor to relax and chat with friends and the new family, and a beautifully arranged dining room for the main dinner. I can truly say that they helped create and coordinate a Perfect Wedding for my Princess and her Prince. Everything went off without a hitch for the entire weekend. And the Costs! I know the Berkshires and I could have easily paid double for this weekend at any number of other wedding venues in the Berkshires. I have to confess that I demand professionalism with value and that is what I got from Robin and Denis at Seven Hills Inn in Lenox Massachusetts. I highly recommend them. One happy camper! Eugene Delaini

• Stayed: September 2009