“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pleasant Valley Sanctuary

Pleasant Valley Sanctuary
Ranked #3 of 23 things to do in Lenox
More attraction details
Owner description: This 1,500-acre sanctuary, along the slopes of Lenox Mountain, features several miles of hiking and biking trails.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite hiking spots in Berkshire county! I've been so many times since childhood hikes with my family. I've brought out of town friends here and they loved it too! Got engaged at the top in 2012!

3 Thank Nikki_P16

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Outdoors experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Good birding, love the trails, wildflowers. Got married there, actually, since my husband worked there as a young man.

Visited August 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

A hike or walk at Pleasant Valley is great any time of year. We've gone skiing in the winter, walking in the autumn and hiking in the spring and summer. There are varied, well marked and maintained trails from easy to difficult. The hike to the fire tower affords a four state view from the top. We love to watch the beavers at work at dusk. If you're very quiet you can always catch lots of wildlife going about their business. The programs are always great, too. Highly knowledgeable staff and very helpful.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Hancock_Shaker
Oregon
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“great place to hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent several hours hiking the trails, on my own. It was very beautiful and serene. I hiked to the top, where there was a wonderful view, and around some ponds where I saw beavers. Highly recommended, especially on a nice day.

Visited July 2012
Monticello, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Well-marked Trails, Beautiful Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We chose this adventure for our last day in the Berkshire Mountains and we were glad we did. The trails are excellently marked (the best I've ever seen) and there are several trails to choose from. There are beaver dams and lakes to see and walk around. You can climb to a mountaintop, if you want. Many different plants and birds to enjoy. Many benches to rest upon and enjoy the views. This is a quiet place with few fellow walkers. The attendants are kind and helpful. Nice, clean restrooms.

Visited October 2012