“Not bad but could be better”

Haven Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Tampa, Florida
“Not bad but could be better”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place is cute but VERY noisy, with sound echoing everywhere - panels or something are needed to muffle things a bit. I don't like a restaurant (especially on a Sunday morning) where I have to struggle to catch every word from someone sitting across the table from me. My mother ordered the chai and wasn't thrilled with it. It wasn't sweet at all and was a bit too "spicy" tasting. Overall, the food was good. My mother enjoyed her veggie omelet and my scrambled eggs were tasty. However, my buttermilk pancakes and my sister's French toast came out blackened. She didn't mind it that way and enjoyed the dish. Mine looked completely unappealing. I sent them back; the 2nd round came out almost as dark as the first plate. I ate them because, by that time, my family was almost completely finished with their meals. I've had much better pancakes elsewhere so it was a bit disappointing since that was the main dish for me.

Westfield, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I ordered the acorn squash bisque; it was rich and creamy with a beautiful yellow/orange hue. Delicious! Best ever.

I also had Oscar's chicken stew, which was very tasty, but not as memorable as the acorn squash bisque.

The atmosphere is very similar to Esselon Cafe in Hadley MA, with some large, antique community tables along with several 2 and 4 seat tables. Food is ordered at the counter and brought to your table by very friendly/helpful wait staff.

Parking is a little challenging, but this is true for most of Lenox.

• Visited October 2013
“A great breakfast spot.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Good vibes, coffee, baked goods and hot oatmeal. You can sit there and read the paper. Located right in the center. After you can stroll around Lenox.

Newton, Massachusetts, United States
“good breakfast -- bit pricey”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had three breakfasts here. Even though it is expensive, the food is good enough to warrant it. Their omelettes have creative and fresh ingredients. Omelettes are accompanied with sauteed potatoes (typical) and a mesclun salad (unusual) and bread of your choice. On weekends this place is packed. A long waiting line to place your order, but once I ordered it didn't take so long for food to be delivered to my table. I was using my computer and even though they were extremely busy, they didn't make me feel I had to rush.

Lancashire, England
“Average food, poor service.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Tried Haven after reading the previous reviews and we were distinctly underwhelmed! The place is inviting and the menu looks extensive. We ordered tea and toast and had to wait 25 minutes to receive our order. It wasn't particularly busy, how long does it take to put hot water in a cup and slices of bread in the toaster. We have been impressed with service in a number of places but not here where the staff were not particularly friendly.

• Visited September 2013