“Outstanding food with a cozy atmosphere”
Review of Nudel Restaurant

Nudel Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 62 Restaurants in Lenox
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Hats off to the chef at Nudel! We arrived in Lenox, MA early evening on Easter Sunday to find most of the shops closed for the holiday. We were told that Nudel had a great menu that changed every day. We set out half expecting they'd be closed, but to our surprise they were open and busy. No wait for a table, our hostess was very pleasant, our food arrived quickly, and it was just fabulous! --Shelly.

Reviewed February 18, 2010

We came to Nudel for lunch because of a tip from a fellow guest at The Birchwood Inn. We walked in to this small, quaint and cozy place. It was quiet so we headed right to the bar where we could watch the chefs cook our meals. Their cuisine is simple yet creative at the same time. They use local, organic and natural ingredients from Berkshire County. I got the braised pork sandwich with pickled turnips and a spicy aioli sauce(HOLY CRAP!!). It was beyond outstanding. My wife got the Cheddar Spaetzle with peas and a black truffle sauce. She also was in love with her meal:) We washed down the perfection with some outstanding micro brews. I had the VIctory Storm King Stout(PA) and the Oscar Blues(CO) Old Chub. The Old Chub was one of the best beers I have ever tasted with it's dark brown look and velvety smooth taste. My wife had the OLD CHUB and also the Oscar Blues(CO) Gordon which was an IPA.
We look forward to lunch and dinner in the future. What a find on our 2 day trip to lenox:)

1  Thank WineCountry-ers
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We own a historic Lenox inn and our guests rely upon us to make reliable restaurant recommendations. There are a lot of good Lenox restaurants, and this review is not meant to diminish our views of any of those. There are some great choices within walking distance of us.

But Bjorn at Nudel has created something extraordinary. I would estimate that 100 couples from our place have wandered down the sidewalk and ended up at Nudel since it opened just a couple of months ago. Feedback to us has been 1000% enthusiastic. In an environment where you cannot please all of the people all of the time...not even something approaching lukewarm.

It starts with some quests who arrive on our property already aware that the menu changes daily...and at 5 pm they ask us if we would download the offerings of the day from the Nudel website (they do not have a set daily menu).

And it continues with those who end up at the counter watching Bjorn expertly sending out order after order to the limited tables. At breakfast the next morning I hear..."can you believe he combined xx with xx? It was delicious!"

Bravo to a truly different dining experience! My wife and I have been four times ourselves and each time was an adventure. For our last visit, our adult children treated us to "Big Pig" night....a fixed-price 7 course dinner.

Adventure... Not a word you would ordinarily associate with eating out....but isn't that the way it should be?

1  Thank Stan R
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Every person we met in Lenox recommended this place...and they were right. It was a fantastic meal! We were lucky enough to sit at the counter, so we got to watch the chef prepare each meal...he was friendly and a pleasure to watch. If you are in the Berkshires do not miss eating here!

1  Thank jbren7
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Nudel is out of this world. My boyfriend and I had a casual dinner there on a short trip to the Berkshires. We've lived in NYC for the past 6 years, and he's a chef, so we've had our share of good meals. Our dinner at Nudel was one of the best meals we've had in the past two or three years. We had the seven course tasting menu (amazing smells coming out of the kitchen wouldn't let us try anything less) and sat at the dinning bar facing the open kitchen so we could gawk. Plate after plate, we put the first bite in our mouths and then stared at each other bug-eyed. Incredible. I won't try to explain each dish; I doubt they sever anything that's not delicious. My only gripe is that the portion sizes were too big for a tasting, but that's slightly my fault for being a glutton. Go soon and go often. I hope the chef-owner starts charging more per plate soon, because at current prices and quality of the food, Nudel is a steal. The wait staff and the chef are really friendly and calm, also a plus. Everyone else who was eating dinner was having the same excited reactions to the amazing food as we were.

1  Thank cookie18