“The Gateways is an elegant place to relax in the heart of Lenox, MA.”

The Gateways Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We are in the process of moving to the Berkshires and spent a hectic day driving around looking at real estate. What a respite to be warmly welcomed by the owner to The Gateways. Our room was amazing. Even more, the breakfast included some rare imported cheeses, home made jams, home made yogurts, fresh fruit and hot egg selections.
We are looking forward to completing our move and becoming frequent visitors to the restaurant at the Gateways.

1  Thank zzylvia

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was looking to make a reservation for what I thought was a wonderful restaurant for my wife and I for our anniversary for this coming July. I filled out the reservation form 9 days ago like their site requested and it mentioned that I would be called to confirm. After 7 days of no response, I called and spoke to Elisa who mentioned that she would make sure someone would call me back promptly. After still no response, I called tonight and spoke to Anna and mentioned the issue I was having. She said that I could not speak to someone "live" (even though I had spoken to Elisa and her) and I would have to wait for the "scheduler" to call me back. Maybe said "scheduler" is in the hospital with both arms broken? I hope not. But I'll be moving on to another Inn that has some sense of customer service.... .
-Lee Adourian
Westwood, MA

8  Thank Lee A
EiranMichele, Owner at The Gateways Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Mr. Adourian,
I am sorry if your experience with our new online restaurant reservation system was unsatisfactory. We have only had it in place for a few weeks and were working out the kinks as it is a new feature on our website. You spoke to our answering service and I I am sorry they did not patch you through to me at the time of your call. I did however respond by email confirming your reservation on Sunday evening from my IPad at home as I recognized your name and realized that a confirmation had not been sent. My email may still be in your spam/trash folder. Please come in and introduce yourself to us when you are in the area in July. We would welcome the opportunity to meet you and show you that customer service is certainly our top priority.
Michele & Eiran Gazit

Reviewed March 18, 2014

From our first meeting, you took the guess work out of planning our event. You
had wonderful ideas that were so unusual and tailor-made for us that it was easy
to say "yes". As time drew near, I was amazed that I didn't have to do anything
except show up. The food was fabulous, the "MOMosas" divine and your warmth and hospitality
beyond belief. We especially loved having you enjoy the party with us.
Everyone is still calling and thanking us for the shower. All agree that is was
the perfect place to hold it and I am certain that you made some new customers.
Thank you for working with us to make this special event a reality. It could
not have been any better.

The Buxtons and Salvinis

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed at the Gateways Inn, in Feb 2014, and had the opportunity to dine in the restaurant. We NEVER expected to experience the quality and presentation of our dinner which could be compared to a fine restaurant in NYC or elsewhere. Our waitress was delightful, the food was luscious. After dinner we retired to the piano bar/lounge to be pleasantly surprised by a very accomplished jazz trio. Looking forward to a return visit. Ronnie & Roger

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were recently in Lenox and looking forward to celebrating a birthday on Saturday night at dinner at the Gateways restaurant, a favorite historic spot. Unfortunately we had car trouble, and thought we would have to cancel our reservation because of it. Imagine our surprise when Eiran (who owns and runs both the inn and restaurant with his wife, Michele) heard of our situation and spontaneously offered to come get us, despite all the snow on the roads! That generous gesture is typical of the friendly, personal and continental atmosphere at the Gateways, which in addition to delicious food now has the best music bar/ lounge in Lenox center! We had a great time, and Eiran also brought us home, too. We look forward to going back to the Gateways whenever in Lenox!