“Multiple time visitor” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Lenox
Bronx, New York
“Multiple time visitor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very nice room. Plenty of space. Swimming pool bonus. Waffles and eggs for breakfast. Getting more than just a continental meal. Friendly staff. Convenient to all Berkshire locations. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AW41478

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rockland County, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This is our fourth year in Lenox for the Tanglewood Festival. We've been at this motel each time. NO PROBLEMS. t's just a nice clean, comfortable venue for a good night's sleep with a decent breakfast. Don't expect a $50 buffet, but it'll do and it'll save you the time and money for finding a diner. We've stayed at much better....but also at much worse. We recommend it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank wis633
Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Me,my husband and three kids were driving late and we were all very tired so we just stopped really quick to the first hotel in sight i do have to say the guy at the front desk was very helpful he didn't seem like a sarcastic person that just wanted to go straight home he was very sweet and kind.the room was very comfortable and the room smelled really nice.i have stayed in many hotels before and they all ways have this weird odor but i really liked because this one was nice and fresh the bathroom was very clean and the beds were nicely made a was very surprised how clean they were.the next morning it was a really hot day so we just decided to go in to the pool and i liked because the chlorine smell wasn't so strong in they were very clean there wasn't no glass on the floor or leaves in the pool everything here was wonderful i wish i could give it a higher rating!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tiffany J
Norwalk, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Scheduled a concert meeting with friends at Tanglewood and booked this hotel 3 weeks before the event. No other area hotels were available. The place is terribly run down. My room had large holes in the ceiling, stained chairs and pillow cases. This is a exterior corridor hotel with indoor/outdoor carpeting that is stained, ripped and dirty. I paid $190 for one nite. If I had paid half that price I would have felt ripped off.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jjc0443

Travelers are raving about these Lenox hotels

Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Cement block walls, broken glass and stained/torn up carpeting in the hallways made me feel like I was in a corrections facility. Court papers posted on the window to a room by the stairs made me feel like I was surrounded by deadbeats and criminals.

The rooms, while generally tidy, were in serious disrepair and left much to be desired. The 1970's era bedding looked clean (except for the one stained pillowcase we had) but the beds were pretty uncomfortable -- you could hear and feel the springs, and there was a horrible stain on the box spring of the bed in the first room we were sent to (wrong bed sizes so we switched to another room). I also checked for bedbugs and didn't see any tell-tale signs so that was relief. But I never dared to walk on the carpet or bathroom floor barefoot. Tiling in the bathroom was moldy and the shower was very small. The ceiling in both of the rooms is in terrible shape with peeling popcorn patches.

Management was very accommodating when we asked for a new room but we had to call them 4 or 5 times for a status update on a move to a new room because we were stuck in a smelly room on a 85 degree day with no air conditioning and needed to shower and get to an event. This place needs a major overhaul to make it feel less like a scary place. They are trying hard but the Econolodge parent company needs to help these guys out. I took 3 showers during our 19 hour stay but couldn't wait to get home to shower and wash all my clothes.

Room Tip: We picked this place because it was the only place near Tangelwood that had availability and didn...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank KidFreeToday
Syosset
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was my second stay in the Econo Lodge in Lenox Mass. Both times I was attending a gathering of friends from the New England & NY/NJ area for a planned motorcycle riding weekend.
I booked my room a year in advance with the request of being on the outer ring of rooms. My first clue that there were problems was at check in when they billed me in advance for the 3 days. I was also informed that since I wanted 2 beds on the outer ring I would have to take a room in a different section of the hotel then the rest of my group. My first room had broken furniture, When I asked for maintenance I was informed that there was none on premise. My second room in the same section of the hotel did not have a working lock so I was moved to my final room on the exact opposite side of the hotel from my group of friends. The only other member of my group in my section discovered the hard way that there was no heat in his room and that there were no other functioning rooms in that section of the hotel. He was moved to an inner ring double occupancy room. The owners were no where to be found and the only employees were the front desk clerk and 1 maid & a kid cleaning the grounds.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I will not attend next years event if it is held here.
I would not be surprised if the hotel is closed by fall.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stay at EconoLodge in lenox For wedding in town and all family and friends we are happy to stay here Its clean rooms and very good service all the time when we need any thing around they are so happy to help us .THANK YOU STAFF

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank JAMES S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Yankee Inn
Wagon Wheel Motel
Wagon Wheel Motel
#10 of 13 in Lenox
3.5 of 5 stars 52 reviews

Been to Magnuson Hotel Lenox? Share your experiences!