“GETS BETTER EACH TIME”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is the perfect place to jump start any exercise, health, eating program. It gets better each year. The staff is very friendly, helpful and up on the latest information. Remember you do what you can and what is good for you. Ignore the others pushing themselves beyond limits. I came with an shoulder injury and found all the instructors very helpful. In fact I recommend chair yoga for everyone. You get all the benefits and in fact can go deeper into a pose more safely.
The food is exceptionally good, and you can get all you want. I order 1/2 portions so I can try more things. They even had bison and elk on the menu.
There is still no liquor served, but you can bring your own and enjoy it in your room before dinner.
Pack lightly as exercise clothes are worn day and night.
I suggest getting there as early as possible on your first day. Sleep at a local B&B the night before if necessary.

Room Tip: All rooms are basically the same, with the East wing the most convenient. You never need to walk out...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

I am thrilled to read of your experience at Canyon Ranch in Lenox and to know that you find “it gets better each year.” Our staff certainly goes above and beyond to assist our guests with any special needs and requests and I am pleased you found this true. As you noted, getting an early start is a great tip! Even though our check in time is 3 pm, we encourage our guests to arrive as early as 8am; just pack a bag with items you need for the day and use your locker in the spa. Thank you for your positive thoughts; we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Canyon Ranch in Lenox

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is my 6th or 7th trip to the Ranch with my girlfriends, and in fact I'm writing this review from the comfort of grand old library as a warm fire pops gently in the background. CR in Lenox has been our annual go-to place to escape, learn, grow, reconnect with our friends and ourselves. This year, however, we are noticing cut backs. As a result it feels a bit stale...for example, they are short on instructors, it lacks new exercise classes to try the latest and greatest (i.e. cardio kick-boxing is so 1990's), and sadly there are significantly fewer creative lectures which so define the CR experience. Hey CR - trying to sell me make-up or consulting is not a "free" class. Could it be CR Lenox is slipping??? We are already discussing other options for next year's trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Susan M

It was of concern to note your remarks regarding your recent visit. Please know we are intently focused on consistently providing the world-class experience you expect and deserve. With regard to fitness, we offer over 40 fitness classes daily that range from more “traditional” classes such as Cardio Kickboxing to more “contemporary” classes such as TRX®, Kangoo Jumps, Barre, Tabata and Shockwave in hopes to please all of our guests. Also, we do try to “mix it up” and create lectures to broaden our guest’s experience and I certainly appreciate the reminder that we need to constantly evaluate the effectiveness of our regularly offered programs. In addition, though we live in commercialized, marketing-driven world, we truly hope that time spent here offers something of a respite from those pressures. Please accept our apologies if it seemed that the lectures were anything but well meant and educational. I do hope you decide to give Canyon Ranch another try. Should you like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Services were good as usual...dinningroom staff always excels in meeting all needs and specific requests, as chefs. Health & healing dept is always experienced & able to address all issues ...positive experiences. Great messages each night.

Room Tip: Humidifers in each room..as long ago...absolutely necessary. Outlets were not all equal and when use...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carolyn L
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

I am so glad you had “another great year” at Canyon Ranch in Lenox! Our staff goes above and beyond to meet the needs and desires of our guests and I am pleased you and your friends felt “service was excellent.” We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox restored and renewed us physically and mentally. After Thanksgiving we were exhausted and decided to book a week which completely restored us. We decided to do the same after Xmas and nothing could have helped us more. I think the reason is first of all it is a beautiful setting, the staff is superior, its an environment that is stress free . The lectures are informative, we have been going for 20 years and they are always cutting edge and we learn something new. No one can do it better than Canyon Ranch whether it is massage, breathing workshops, beauty treatments, or exercise classes . We are so grateful for the wonderful staff who assists us and helps us restore.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

What an enthusiastic review; thank you very much for your kind words. I am beyond pleased you feel that “no one does it better than Canyon Ranch” and have continued to join us throughout the last 20 years. The holiday season certainly can take a toll on your health and we are thrilled you have found Canyon Ranch in Lenox a place to restore. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at CR Lenox in early December for 4 days, our third trip. This is a lovely way to prepare for the new year - there are plenty of activities that appeal to us both; the facility is gorgeous, and the overall sense of well-being that comes from even a short stay is remarkable. I loved the yoga classes - looking out into the trees to see birds through the falling snow is amazing. Also love the skin care / massage services (it's great to have a massage after dinner and before bed!) The food is delicious, the staff is attentive without being imposing. We have found it a wonderful place to get centered, recover from stress, and reflect on the year ending and plan for the year to come. Bonus, the best poached eggs I've ever had - perfect every time!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

I am so pleased you have decided to stay with us again. All of us at Canyon Ranch in Lenox truly hope our guests find it a “great place to rejuvenate.” As you noted, our yoga studio captures the beauty of the Berkshire seasons – Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall it is a spectacular corner of the Ranch to gather and center oneself. Our poached eggs are a favorite of mine as well; I am very glad to hear you are in agreement! We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Just came back from a trip to Canyon Ranch over new years. Have to say the grounds are beautiful (although I'm sure even more scenic in the warmer months!), the rooms are clean, and the food was much better than I thought, being that it was all prepared very "healthy."
The staff for the most part was very kind and helpful. I only encountered one person who was a massage therapist that I wasn't too fond of. I partook in a facial and massage as far as spa services go- facial was wonderful, as was the esthetician. The massage however, wasn't the best I've had, unfortunately. And room it was in was very cold- the heated pads on the massage table weren't on, until about half way through, the heat finally kicked in, and she had to give me about 4 blankets to keep me from goose bumps! She was also a bit harsh, not physically, but in regards to telling me what to do, and didn't seem to be in a good mood- maybe she was having an off day. Regardless, stick with the facial!
The facilities over all are very beautiful and typical of a Massachusetts warrm/cozy mansion. Just bring a sweatshirt, again, as the hallways that connect the hotel, etc. apparently aren't heated too well.
I think for what it cost, it's a bit underwhelming, but again, we had a very nice time, and there were no true flaws. (oh, hot water would probably be the other one- when you put the shower on, it wasn't very hot- as opposed to it running from the faucet... kind of the theme here, just cold all around).

1  Thank gidget2

Thank you for sharing your review of Canyon Ranch in Lenox with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad you felt there were “many pros” to your visit but am concerned to read the cons. Certainly we aim to provide the world-class treatment you expect and I regret the disappointments you mentioned. In the future, I encourage you to voice your concerns immediately so we may have a better opportunity to meet your needs. We do hope to welcome you again soon and will do all we can to ensure your stay is the best that it can be in every respect.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We have been coming to Canyon Ranch in Lenox for many years and are members now. The combination of exercise classes, spiritual/meditation opportunities, educational offerings and healthy (but out of this world) food make this spot a unqiue destination. We live in Atlanta but visit four times each year to get into the "bubble" Canyon Ranch creates. Even a three day stay is refreshing, energizing and a lot of fun! The staff at all levels are great and engaged, from exercise classes to the dining facilities. Although one might argue that the experience is pricey, it is well worth it. We happen to prefer Lenox to Tucson, but that's an individual choice. It's worth trying both to experience their different cultures and locations.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughtful review of Canyon Ranch in Lenox with the TripAdvisor community. I especially love hearing from our members as they have made a commitment to living healthy and understand the Canyon Ranch philosophy. I am so pleased you visit us throughout the year and embrace “the bubble.” We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Reggie Cooper

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Blantyre
#8 of 16 in Lenox
LakeHouse Inn
LakeHouse Inn
#1 of 9 in Lee

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!