“Great place to rejuvenate”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at CR Lenox in early December for 4 days, our third trip. This is a lovely way to prepare for the new year - there are plenty of activities that appeal to us both; the facility is gorgeous, and the overall sense of well-being that comes from even a short stay is remarkable. I loved the yoga classes - looking out into the trees to see birds through the falling snow is amazing. Also love the skin care / massage services (it's great to have a massage after dinner and before bed!) The food is delicious, the staff is attentive without being imposing. We have found it a wonderful place to get centered, recover from stress, and reflect on the year ending and plan for the year to come. Bonus, the best poached eggs I've ever had - perfect every time!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

I am so pleased you have decided to stay with us again. All of us at Canyon Ranch in Lenox truly hope our guests find it a “great place to rejuvenate.” As you noted, our yoga studio captures the beauty of the Berkshire seasons – Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall it is a spectacular corner of the Ranch to gather and center oneself. Our poached eggs are a favorite of mine as well; I am very glad to hear you are in agreement! We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Just came back from a trip to Canyon Ranch over new years. Have to say the grounds are beautiful (although I'm sure even more scenic in the warmer months!), the rooms are clean, and the food was much better than I thought, being that it was all prepared very "healthy."
The staff for the most part was very kind and helpful. I only encountered one person who was a massage therapist that I wasn't too fond of. I partook in a facial and massage as far as spa services go- facial was wonderful, as was the esthetician. The massage however, wasn't the best I've had, unfortunately. And room it was in was very cold- the heated pads on the massage table weren't on, until about half way through, the heat finally kicked in, and she had to give me about 4 blankets to keep me from goose bumps! She was also a bit harsh, not physically, but in regards to telling me what to do, and didn't seem to be in a good mood- maybe she was having an off day. Regardless, stick with the facial!
The facilities over all are very beautiful and typical of a Massachusetts warrm/cozy mansion. Just bring a sweatshirt, again, as the hallways that connect the hotel, etc. apparently aren't heated too well.
I think for what it cost, it's a bit underwhelming, but again, we had a very nice time, and there were no true flaws. (oh, hot water would probably be the other one- when you put the shower on, it wasn't very hot- as opposed to it running from the faucet... kind of the theme here, just cold all around).

1  Thank gidget2

Thank you for sharing your review of Canyon Ranch in Lenox with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad you felt there were “many pros” to your visit but am concerned to read the cons. Certainly we aim to provide the world-class treatment you expect and I regret the disappointments you mentioned. In the future, I encourage you to voice your concerns immediately so we may have a better opportunity to meet your needs. We do hope to welcome you again soon and will do all we can to ensure your stay is the best that it can be in every respect.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We have been coming to Canyon Ranch in Lenox for many years and are members now. The combination of exercise classes, spiritual/meditation opportunities, educational offerings and healthy (but out of this world) food make this spot a unqiue destination. We live in Atlanta but visit four times each year to get into the "bubble" Canyon Ranch creates. Even a three day stay is refreshing, energizing and a lot of fun! The staff at all levels are great and engaged, from exercise classes to the dining facilities. Although one might argue that the experience is pricey, it is well worth it. We happen to prefer Lenox to Tucson, but that's an individual choice. It's worth trying both to experience their different cultures and locations.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughtful review of Canyon Ranch in Lenox with the TripAdvisor community. I especially love hearing from our members as they have made a commitment to living healthy and understand the Canyon Ranch philosophy. I am so pleased you visit us throughout the year and embrace “the bubble.” We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I met my college-age daughter at the Hartford Airport once her final exams were over. We took advantage of a wonderful package where your student stays free. A Canyon Ranch driver picked us up and brought us to Canyon Ranch Lenox. Upon arrival, it was Snowing! What a sight it was! You see, I chose the Lenox location because of the beautiful architecture of the resort and the hope of snow. We are from LOUISIANA and rarely experience snow. Now for the resort experience. I truly cannot find fault with anything. We wanted a relaxing time with spa and exercise options and that is what we received. We experienced only kindness our entire stay of four nights. Food options were nice and we were able to order whatever we wanted. Before I forget, let me mention that our drivers were both kind and informative - great tour guides! Until next time...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine J

I am beyond thrilled that you and your daughter chose Canyon Ranch in Lenox for a bonding getaway. Our “Student and Grads Special” is one of our numerous promotions offered throughout the year and we strongly encourage our guests to take advantage of our enticing offers. Winter in the Berkshires is one of the most spectacular seasons and as you noted enhanced by the “beautiful architecture of the resort.” And there is no need to worry about being cold; it’s always 68 degrees here … unless you choose to go outside the glass! We hope to welcome you and your daughter again soon.
Reggie Cooper\

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Your staff is awesome - a key resource. Special kudos to the following:

Wendy - neuromuscular therapy
Heather - exercise physiology
Bonnie - skin care (she remembered me from my visit 5 years ago!)
Marc - yoga
Cathy - balance training
Kevin - acupuncture
Joanne - hair care
Jim - attendant in the men's locker area

I feel genuinely renewed and have a new found confidence in my ability to meet my fitness and health goals.

Plus your wait staff in the dining room were all unfailingly polite, helpful, and friendly.

You run an A+ operation. I'm a HUGE fan!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review of Canyon Ranch in Lenox with the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate your kind words regarding so many of our staff members; it was my pleasure to share your praises with them. I am so pleased you “feel genuinely renewed” and “have a new found confidence in meeting your fitness and health goals.” I hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was my 15th trip to Canyon Ranch, Lenox. I loved sitting by the fire, relaxing after a stimulating morning of exercises. I always learn new tricks at the
Demonstration Kitchen and at the various lectures. I come home ready to tackle my life in a healthy fashion.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nili O
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

First, I would like to thank you for your patronage to Canyon Ranch in Lenox. Knowing you have continued to stay with us over the years is so satisfying as it is a true reflection of the world-class experience provided by our staff. I am so glad you head “home ready to tackle (your) life in a healthy fashion.” Keep up the great work and we look forward to your 16th stay.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

lovely grounds, lovely room (I had the basic room -quite spacious for one and for someone was hardly in the room), I took part in a 18 or so exercise classes and I was impressed with how good a work out they were. This is a great place when traveling alone - plenty to keep one busy and amused. The meals are decent - I loved having the nutritional info on the menu.
One time I waited 8 minutes at dinner - no one approached, I asked the hostess, she waited on me and after that I nearly had 3 people looking after me!
I had facial, hot stone massage, hot stone pedicure, manicure - all worth it!
I did the make up session -for the cost not worth it, it should be free. Was looking for a make over and although I had a few tips, I was not impressed.
I also had the Metabolic tests - really worth it, learned a lot.
I was disappointed that the coffee stations all had paper cups, I hate drinking out of paper, please offer ceramic cups, cups and saucers would be optimal.
They don't have alcohol which I would have liked. Would have been nice to sit in the lounge and have a glass of wine.
My frig in my room didn't work -would be nice if they checked these things before people checked in.
My bags were supposed to be in my room when I checked in but they were not -but they found them quickly.
It was nice when I checked out of my room but was still staying to exercise, they picked up my bags and put them in my car so and when I left there they were!
They have valet parking -for the price -expected and I liked that.
they offered fruit every where, that was nice.
I was MOST annoyed I had to ask for salt, often forgot to ask until I tasted something and there was no salt on the table.
Love the portion sizes.
I most certainly hope to return someday.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank lisafromMaynard
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

I am very pleased your recent stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox was “a luxurious treat.” We strive to ensure all of our guests experience our signature world-class treatment and it certainly sounds as though you tried an array of services and offerings. I also appreciate your specific feedback and will address your concerns with my management team. With regard to your comment about salt, we encourage guests to become more aware of the amount of sodium they’re consuming due to its health implications and with that in mind, we season our food with herbs and spices to keep the use of salt at a minimum. But of course, we will provide salt to any guest who requests it. We certainly hope you return someday as well.
Reggie Cooper

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
#1 of 9 in Lee
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires
4 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!