“Nothing Compares!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lenox
New York City, New York
“Nothing Compares!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I am a regular at Canyon Ranch Lenox, and unfortunately it took a poor experience at Canyon Ranch Miami Beach to compel me to open a trip advisor account so I can steer anyone looking for a true Canyon Ranch experience away from Miami and towards Lenox. This property really sets the bar, from the moment you arrive you feel a burden lifted off your shoulders. The staff at this property truly care about the guests, they never say "no" and truly strive to make sure that each and every guest gets personalized TLC. When you stay at Lenox you feel a sense of community not only with the staff and the health practitioners, but with the fellow guests. Everyone seems to have the same goals in mind and a respect for each other that makes a vacation at Lenox unlike any other, you truly get to getaway both physically and mentally. The spa management at the Miami property were so rude and inconsiderate to me, I felt the trip was not healing but actually a burden. I've been going to Lenox for 8 years now and I've never had to meet anybody in management because there is never a hiccup. From the bellman to the therapists, every staff member at Lenox exudes the highest quality standards of service. If you are looking for a great escape, somewhere to really unwind and focus on yourself and have others focus on you as well, definitely book a trip at this Canyon Ranch location!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MsTravelBug1962
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for our Lenox staff and for your comment that we “raise the bar”. We’re delighted that you feel a sense of community when staying with us and that the personalized attention our staff provides allows you to focus on yourself and your personal healthy living goals. We appreciate that you continue to make Canyon Ranch your choice for a healthy getaway and look forward to having you as our guest again soon. I am, however, disappointed to hear the recent experience at one of our sister properties did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that the Hotel & Spa in Miami is an outstanding property, one that embraces the same high standards of customer service as all Canyon Ranch properties, and I hope you’ll consider contacting them to discuss your concerns so they can make your next visit a remarkable one.
Reggie Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've been visiting for years but having just returned it occurred to me that Canyon Ranch is a bit stuck in time. While it has always had a bit of a Disney feel - very organized, tidy, lots of staffers, more troubling is the lack of effort tin keeping up with exercise classes and spa treatments that are pretty mainstream (gyro tonics, tuina, oriental medicines) and the homoginization of the activities offered. There seem to be no Asian practitioners of acupuncture, traditional medicine, or qigong. Likewise, no Indian practioners of aryuvedic medicine.

This particular visit found far fewer activity alternatives than in previous years. As a solo visitor, a quiet section in the dining room would be precious. The grounds are peaceful, beautifully sited, the rooms are generously sized and very comfortably furnished. It seems like with the infrastructure in place, the staffing levels and the lack of competing destination spas in the area, adding a few tweaks might bring more seekers in. There is an aging through of the clientele that will need to be refreshed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank netsky
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your stay. While I am disappointed that we did not meet some of your expectations, I can assure you we are continually researching and implementing the latest wellness offerings along with maintaining our popular, tried and true activities. I do hope you were able to meet with a member of our Program Advising team as they can assist with navigating the abundance of programs we offer and help to guide you to services and activities that support your wellness intentions. We do hope to welcome you again soon and I can assure you we will do all we can to ensure your stay is the best that it can be in every respect.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Over a short three day period, had one of the BEST times with my wife. As fitness/healthy lifestyle orientated people, CR offered more than anything we desired. Everything from accommodations, staff, food, and atmosphere were SUPERIOR. Do not get turned off by the high price as it includes most EVERYTHING including tips, valet parking, and some aspects of salon/spa services.

CR Lenox is pet friendly. We had considered it but decided to leave the pets home. Glad we did as it left more time for us to enjoy all aspects of the property.

If you desire a lifestyle change, CR is for you.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frank A
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for such an enthusiastic review! I am delighted to know you and your wife “had one of the BEST times” at Canyon Ranch in Lenox. As you noted, the cost of a Canyon Ranch health resort stay is truly all-inclusive – with accommodations, all meals, dozens of activities and classes daily, complimentary use of all facilities and a generous allowance for services already included. I am glad to know we offered “more than anything you desired and look forward to welcoming you and your wife again soon.
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

What I love about Canyon Ranch is that it does not cater to any particular 'type' of traveler. There were people young (14+), old, couples, singles, girl getaways, reunions, anniversaries.....I also enjoy the fact that there is so much diversity in experience of the staff - our lovely hike leader was 65 and was an inspiration of what a healthy, positive lifestyle can look forward to. How often can you (if you wish - surprisingly, there's no sales pressure!) sit with a nutritionist at lunch, have a 1:1 conversation post lecture on medical topics such as metabolism and longevity, meet professional choreographers - it was amazing the amount of knowledge at your disposal if you seek.
I'm not sure which was most difficult- deciding what class/workout to do by the hour or what item to eat from the menu. Being all inclusive, similar to a cruise, you can order as much as you want and try everything with small portions/little guilt. Take advantage of the intimate cooking demos with recipes to go. There are so many classes that you almost forget there is a spa there. And a full gym! The spa is beautiful as well as the pool (indoors and out), and Berkshire grounds. The dining and library are in the mansion which wraps around to the spa and lodging without ever having to step outside unless you desire. The rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. The layout is also pleasant with options of dining rooms, fireplaces with seating that provides coziness, yet boundaries, changing areas interspaced with bathrooms, and showers. Beverages such as lemonade, tea, and fresh water are available in the hallways to keep you hydrated as you plan your next adventure. Have a great time and live life here, but bring it back into your own as well when embracing healthy and positive choices.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience at Canyon Ranch in Lenox. We strive to provide an atmosphere of casual elegance while offering integrative health & wellness options, nutritious gourmet cuisine, well-appointed accommodations, and an array of activities and classes to suit every interest; all with the intent, as you so eloquently put it to assist our guests in “embracing healthy and positive choices.” Your generous compliments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Granted, it's not inexpensive, but if you can swing it I felt that I got everything I paid for. This was my first trip to Canyon Ranch in Lenox, I was at Tuscon many years ago. It's hard to compare them, as they are very different.

The staff was amazing. Everyone was friendly and helpful, (without being over the top gracious).

My room was well appointed. I was thrilled I could bring my dog with me which was totally unexpected. Even my dog Yoshi, had a fun time, walking on the trails and in the leaves!

The mansion was beautiful, the spa, pools, exercise rooms immaculate and inviting. Had a fantastic pedicure with Lisa. A wonderful kayak experience (my first time) with Leah and another lady. Leah also lead me in "The Ropes" which was challenging but she and her co-worker were super careful and diligent about safety. I did the 48 Ft. free fall which was scary as hell, but I did it!

Amazing, I mean amazing massages by Sam J. (specialty massages) One was a Detox the other was the Bindi Shirodhara.

Enjoyed taking a Nia class for the first time and will follow up in New York. Also enjoyed the lecture that Reggie Cooper gave about the history of Canyon Ranch, Lenox. Reggie (the Managing Director) was extremely friendly and outgoing and very welcoming.

The Meditation class with Jeff was also outstanding. I bought his CD and listen to it almost every night since I have been back.

Mike Taxter in the Membership office was very helpful in explaining my many questions as to how that works. I have to figure out if that is something that will work with my schedule.

All in all it was a 5 star vacation and I hope to come back in the coming year. Just writing this makes me want to come back. Collectively, the staff does a great job and the reputation was earned for a reason.

As expected there were much fewer men than women, but men you should really consider coming here, you would have a terrific time. (I am a 55 year old single male) . I started out this trip on my own, and believe it or not I ran into a friend of mine from NY on the 2nd day and we spent most of our meals and several classes together. (But had I been on my own you would never feel isolated or lonely here).

PS- The food was also excellent......I lost 4 lbs at Canyon Ranch, 4 before I left, and another 5 since I have been home......Mission accomplished.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tikimaster
We appreciate your thoughtful review and thank you for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community. How wonderful to know you stepped out of your comfort zone and tried the Ropes course; that free fall certainly is invigorating! In addition, I am flattered you enjoyed my lecture and it was my pleasure to share your kind words with those you singled out for praise. Finally, while we certainly want folks to enjoy themselves while they are here, it is the post visit changes that are most important; congratulations on your weight loss “mission accomplished.” We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Cold Spring Harbor, New York, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

If this is your first time at the ranch seek the guidance of a program coordinator. The many offerings can be overwhelming and a coordinator will be a able to get you focused and moving. They are all knowledgable! Then enjoy, enjoy enjoy! You will be a kid in a candy store....and it's all good for you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Meg R
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
What a terrific analogy! Yes, our vast offerings are all “good for you.” We strongly advise our guests to schedule time with a Program Advisor to open their eyes to the limitless resources we offer and plan the perfect stay. I am so pleased you have continued to join us and hope to welcome you again soon.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Canyon Ranch is the most complete health and wellness spa "retreat" I can imagine.
The facility is gorgeous, the staff are so friendly and accommodating, and you can explore your health and well being form a hundred different perspectives.
The food is excellent, delicious, and did I mention healthy?
I might even ask my husband to join me next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox. Yes, we do offer various modalities and paths for our guests to explore and are thrilled you consider us “the best place to feel your best.” Please do bring your husband on your next visit as we host specialized classes and offerings just for men. I hope to welcome you again soon.
Reggie Cooper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Blantyre
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#5 of 14 in Lenox

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!