“Response to "So Disappointed"”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Bryn Mawr
“Response to "So Disappointed"”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been all over the world. Canyon Ranch changed my life and my health. I visit the property frequently and have met people from all over the world. Canyon Ranch's mission is to change the quality of your life. The staff is extremely caring and Reggie Cooper jumps hoops to make sure the guests get whatever they need.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the food. I have learned to appreciate the great taste of quality fresh food prepared without excessive salt, fats and preservatives.

You truly missed out on a great experience. Canyon Ranch is definitely a unique experience that is not offered anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: It is difficult to comment on "sleep quality" - that is an individual experience. If you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tina D
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your powerful testimonial, Tina. I am so glad to hear that Canyon Ranch in Lenox has changed your “life and health.” We pride ourselves on our dedicated staff personalizing each guest’s experience and making their stay the best possible. Also, our kitchen staff and nutritionists work together to satiate you with award-winning food featuring clean, wholesome, seasonal, fresh and sustainable ingredients. Please feel free to stop by and say hello on your next visit!
Reggie Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Closter, New Jersey
Reviewed February 2, 2013

my girlfriend runs a trip to canyon ranch every year in early december. i am busy from morning until night. there are so many great classes to take and lectures to attend. it is pricey but you get your moneys worth. i try to take classes i don't take at home. this was my 5th year. there is always something new to do and learn. i have high blood pressure so i did bio-feedback and other tests to try to determine the underlying causes. i have to do some follow up at home. the sleep issues are my own. do not do well away from home. it is a great place and i am looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your positive review. I am pleased to know you enjoyed so many aspects of your 5th stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox. In addition, you have made a smart decision to follow your visit with our wellness services at home; it’s a terrific way to stay connected to the energy and inspiration from your experience long after you leave the Ranch! We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Super stressed, didn't want to go skiing with my family, didn't want to be home in an empty house, thought I'd try Canyon Ranch, Lenox.

This resort caters to the woman (or man, but there were mostly women there) who needs pampering. My room was spacious and comfortable and clean and serene. It was cold outside (very) so I ran the heat in my room and the humidifier which I found in the closet, which was a nice touch.

The meals were for the most part well prepared and beautifully presented and the foods were fresh, wholesome, healthy. Portion sizes are small (relative to what I usually eat) and you leave the table thinking: wow, I can (and should) eat a whole lot less than I do at home! You do not starve to death in between meals; you can always get a wholesome little (emphasis on little) snack at the cafe to tide you over between meals. I definitely left thinner than when I arrived, which was not one of my goals but was a nice benefit. Liked the food so much, I bought the cook book and have successfully recreated some really good dishes from it.

I was too tired to do much in terms of exercise so I signed up for two days of "stretching" classes, as well as spa services. The stretching instructors were both excellent, and I definitely got what I came for in terms of relaxation and renewal. Spent a little time each day in the cardio room as it was miserably cold outside and I did not bring the right boots and gloves for snow shoeing and cross country. Would have enjoyed participating in either of those activities but frankly, I was just too exhausted this trip. Next time?

Attended two lectures and both speakers were engaging, entertaining, witty, informative and left me with lots to think about. Yes, the lectures were life-changing, which is not what I came for, not what I was expecting, but again, another great benefit to the experience.

Spa services were delivered by professional and capable staff. Spa rooms were clean and serene and pleasant. Massage included techniques different than any I've had previously but at one point, the spa music became kind of creepy and set a mood that made me uncomfortable. That was distracting but not cause for complaining. I just waited for the creepy music to end, which it did.

Enjoyed the public spaces. Was really into reading a book and felt just as comfortable reading in my room as I did at the breakfast or lunch table (alone) or in the lounge in a comfortable leather swivel chair by the fire, with the afternoon sun shining on me...it doesn't get any better than that for the stressed-out-mom!

Didn't know what to expect at Canyon Ranch, don't know if I'll have another opportunity to go, but will say: it was the perfect medicine for stressed out me! There were lots and lots of women there, very few men, and almost no kids--a few teenaged or college-aged daughters. Women in groups, as well as women solo travelers. You could dine or join other solo travelers at the Captains Table. I did both and either is fine, comfortable.

Staff are professional, attentive but low-key--no attitude. I had a concern about one of my meals, and the head of dining contacted me personally to follow up and gave me a gift basket of Canyon Ranch goodies/food treats upon my departure to thank me for sharing my concerns. I just love that treatment! And my family appreciated the delicious treats from my weekend away, too.

Keep up the good work, Canyon Ranch. It's nice for a solo woman traveler to come to a place like this.

Room Tip: I stayed in a wing that was farthest from the spa and dining areas. If you mind taking a long walk...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank HDTH
Our staff here, at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, is continuously motivated by accounts such as yours. We work diligently to offer the ultimate relaxing and inspiring vacation leaving you refreshed, rejuvenated and better able to care for yourself (and others that depend on you). I look forward to sharing your review with the Canyon Ranch team. We hope to welcome you again very soon.
NYC
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I brought my 29 year old son for a physical and my 32 year old son in law for a healthy stay. They loved it and I enjoyed being there with them. I never thought I would go during the winter, but must say it was beautiful with the snow and the facilities are warm and cozy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chessNyc
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. How gratifying to know you chose Canyon Ranch in Lenox for a “healthy stay” with your family, The tranquil surroundings of winter in the Berkshires provide the perfect setting to inspire you to make a commitment to healthy living. Stay cozy inside or active outdoors and avail of the boundless life changing opportunities we have to offer. Best wishes to your family! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I recently returned from my second "annual" trip to Canyon Ranch in Lenox. This is an outstanding destination whether one simply wants a luxurious, "pampering" stay, or a "deep dive" into virtually all aspects of health, wellness and fitness. It is really up to you because the array of facilities, fitness classes, talks, spa treatments and personalized services are nothing less than comprehensive. The staff is uniformly excellent, the rooms very comfortable and the food is very, very good. All the wings of the property are interconnected, so if the weather is inclement you need not go outside at all unless you want to - and you may want to because many outdoor hikes and other activities are on offer each day in this very beautiful corner of the Berkshires.

I would add that although I have traveled there with a group of friends, I think solo travelers are very comfortable as well. I would not hesitate to go alone as there is so much to do at all times and the staff so attentive, whether it is your first visit or you are a veteran.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your incredibly thoughtful review of your most recent stay. Canyon Ranch in Lenox strives to ensure your vacation allows you time to relax and rejuvenate but also inspires you to “deep dive” into our vast array of health and wellness offerings. Have a great year and we look forward to seeing you again!
Alameda, California, USA
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have been coming to Canyon Ranch Lenox for 12 years and it is one of the highlights of my year. Love the variety of programs, the beautiful scenery in the area and on the grounds, the healthy and delicious cuisine, the friendly staff, the comfortable rooms, the clean facilities and how much I learn when I am there. I enjoy the hiking and biking, the spa treatments, the lectures, the consults, the exercise classes and the wonderful environment for female camaraderie. (I hope my husband will join me some time! Men do come.) My complaint is there are so many choices, sometimes I forget I am on vacation and feel like I have to occupy every minute. It is very homeopathic and organic in its approach so this aspect may not be for everyone but I still encourage you to try it because there is still much to enjoy, even if you don't 100% agree with their philosophy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thanks so much for your incredible review. I am thrilled to hear that our programs, amenities and services continue to surpass your expectations. Whether you want to relax with soothing spa treatments, develop healthier eating habits, or explore new spiritual paths, Canyon Ranch offers something for everyone. I look forward to sharing your review with our staff and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Lenox, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Went to Canyon Ranch Lenox MA for what has become an annual stay between Christmas and New Years with friends. My best stay ever, out of a dozen visits. The property is spectacular. Nestled among beautiful mountains and forests, amazing landscaping, pleasing public spaces to sit and chat, read by a fire or use super game rooms and libraries. The room was freshly updated, bed and linens very comfy, great amenities.
Enjoyed a nice mix of superior spa services (facial, 4 types of massage, makeup consult), a variety of exercise classes with top trainers (Pilates, nia, chi,low impact aerobics, pool sculpting,and a balance class), consultations with excellent health care professionals ( an exercise physiologist, some medical tests and an acutonics session).
Food was delicious and plentiful. If vegetables always tasted even half as good, I could easily eat 5 servings at every meal. Flavorful grass fed beef, savory pasta and very fresh fish. Tempting desserts. Fruit tasted like it had just been picked.
Staff was friendly and attentive.
A great way to get off to a healthy start for the new year in a phenomenal environment.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine, it can be a long walk to the farthest rooms, ask for a centrally located room if...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
It was such a pleasure to read of your enjoyable stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox. I truly enjoy hearing from our guests, especially those with such enthusiasm. It definitely sounds like you were able to experience all that Canyon Ranch has to offer. On behalf of our entire staff, we hope your “healthy start” endures and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reggie Cooper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Blantyre
#8 of 16 in Lenox
LakeHouse Inn
LakeHouse Inn
#1 of 9 in Lee

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!