“As Good as Ever”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Freehold, New Jersey
“As Good as Ever”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was my 6th trip to Canyon Ranch. The first 5 times it was the first week in December, taking my daughter as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately, my husband got ill, and we could't go. However, about 2 months before he passed away, and I was flushing his pic line, he said, you love Canyon Ranch so much why don't you and Pamela go. Needless to say, I said we couldn't leave. It was almost three years later, and oddly enough around his birthday in June that I went. I was a litte stressed about going because I hadn't been working out, and didn't know how I would hold up during the classes. But, if you follow the suggested routine of a cardio, a lecture, spa service and so on it works out. I had a wonderful time, and was motivated to get back to the gym.
There were 6 of us in our party, 3 of us didn't know each other, but I tell you we bonded like glue and I think there will be a great friendship.
One of the photos I took is my screen saver, and when I look at it I think of the great and beautiful day, and how much fun I had.
Food and value. You are never hungry, and if you don't like something you can have something else. Value, I've been, like I said, six times, I am not complaining. Go enjoy and take advantage of all it has to offer.

Room Tip: I've been all over, however, if possible, and I don't know if you can request, but try for o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for sharing your touching story. It is wonderful to know your trip inspired you to get back to the gym and even more gratifying to see that you developed such strong bonds with those you met here. If there is a “secret” to what we do, it is that the time you spend here is only a small part of the overall package; the important thing is how your life changes, day to day. I’m glad we could be a part of that. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff and welcoming you for your seventh visit soon.
Reggie Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

It was my first time to Canyon Ranch, and I went with a friend for three nights. I was not sure what to expect, but overall it was a a great experience.
The Canyon Ranch driver picked me up from Hartford airport, and was very knowledgeable about the area and the spa. I arrived just after 2, so unfortunately missed lunch the first day and after classes in the afternoon was absolutely starving by dinner time. The food is good. It's healthy, the portion sizes are a bit small, probably what they should be, but you can absolutely order more than one meal, which I certainly did, a couple of times!
I loved the breakfast sandwich, egg, cheese and chicken sausage.
The fitness staff are really fantastic, positive, motivating and it is a great way to attend a lot of different classes just to see what you like. I really enjoyed the ballet barre, the trail challenge (outside) and the spinning class (though it's not called spinning).
The treatments in the spa were fantastic also, I had a bindi massage, I'm sorry I can't remember the correct name, but you have an exfoliation, followed by a hot oil massage that is just divine, an Indian treatment, I highly recommend it!
My friend did have a massage, where she thought the therapist just did not massage enough, she actually said, she thought he had gone to sleep at one point his hands just didn't move for some time, and it was a weak massage and she really was hoping for something more therapeutic.
I thought the rooms were nice, we were in a luxury suite which has a Murphy bed in the living room and a separate bedroom with two twin beds. The sheets were very luxurious and the bathroom was large, in fact there were two good sized bathrooms in our suite. It's not high end style, but it's clean, comfortable and nice. The tv was very small and could use an update.
The grounds of the resort are just beautiful and very relaxing.
I did attend one of the evening demonstration kitchen dinners, it was entertaining, more than a lesson in preparing the meal which I think may have been better.
Overall, it's lovely. It is expensive, but if you are trying to kick start a healthier living this is the way to do it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Annette T
Thank you so much for your positive review. I am thoroughly pleased to know you enjoyed so many aspects of your first visit to Canyon Ranch in Lenox. The Bindi Shirodhara is a favorite amongst our guests – it is truly heavenly and I am glad you were able to enjoy it! We hope to welcome you again soon.
Boston
Reviewed September 5, 2012

CR Lenox was on my "bucket list". After reading consistent 5-star reviews on Trip Advisor, I purchased a RueLaLa special. To echo other reviews, the environment is relaxing, inclusive and suits all ages. Based on other TA reviews and CR pricing, I truly expected Broadmoor or Four Seasons quality food, service and accommodations. However, I felt the stay (room, check-in, service and food) was on par with a typical chain hotel. The food (ex-Lunch & Learn w/Chef Bob which was entertaining and flavorful) was bland, not creative and frankly disappointing. The dining room waitstaff were not polished, i.e. unfamiliar with daily specials, very casual, unable to adequately describe/make suggestions. The non client-facing dining room bus staff were excellent. The fitness center staff, facility and class schedule are top-notch. You are encouraged to try new classes and in addition to professional, experienced instructors, a second/third instructor would join each class to help participants with form, offer water and cold towels. The lectures are also varied and of excellent quality, the "Great Sex at Any Age" & "Breathing for Health & Vitality" were entertaining and informative. The deep tissue massage therapists were fantastic. Because of the price paid, we wanted to maximize our time and attend as many classes & lectures a possible. Thus we actually actually found ourselves racing to each activity, including to Meditation! With the "discounted" package, which included credits for 2 spa treatments, I found value in the fitness classes, daily talks and spa appointments but am truly sorry to report that the total experience was not worth the exorbitant price paid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank fancy02116
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I was sorry to note the disappointment you mentioned with regard to your visit. The reason our guests return again and again is because of the world class experience we provide but if we’re missing the mark in certain areas, we certainly welcome your candor so that we may improve. Please know I work closely with our managers to ensure our guests are receiving exceptional, professional and caring service throughout their visit. Should you decide to return to Canyon Ranch, we will do all we can to ensure your visit is the best it can be in every respect.

Colorado
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful during my entire stay and there was always something fun to do. There activities were made to fit everyone's one level which made me more motivated to try everything. The food was delicious and healthy (an added bonus!) and I really enjoyed the "lunch and learn" opportunities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Canyon Ranch in Lenox. I couldn’t be happier to know we met your expectations and you were “motivated to try everything!” We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Healthy regards
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you like to workout or want to learn how to have a healthy lifestyle, this is your place. My daughter and I had a weekend her after I saw a very reasonable rate on rue la la. After having been to the canyon ranch in Miami 5x's, we decided to try the Lenox CR. It is very different in Lenox as there are many single middle women here and many very elderly couples- think even wheelchairs and canes, unlike the Florida scene. What they both have in common is excellent healthy food, a full exercise class schedule and nicely appointed rooms. The surrounding area is very quaint and worth a trip off property too. We had great facials and manicures as they give you a spa allowance and it all made for a relaxing weekend. It is expensive to come here but if you are looking to make a change in your life or you already have a healthy lifestyle, this is your place. They have cooking classes and many different medical specialties too. Just try to go off season, the rates are much more reasonable.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank suzeyes
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
It was such a pleasure to read of your healthy and relaxing weekend with your daughter at Canyon Ranch in Lenox. I am glad you were able to experience our lavish spa treatments and also made mention of our cooking classes and multidisciplinary team of physicians and health specialists that can help you reach your goals. Also, we do regularly offer specials on our website and occasionally on Rue La La, as you noted, so it is worth keeping an eye out. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Goshen, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Canyon Ranch cares for you- body, mind and soul in the most beautiful setting and a calming, relaxing atmosphere. Get fit, keep fit in the vast array of physical activities. Get charged up, slow down. Pamper your self, indulge yourself. Whatever YOU want to do. It's there. Take advantage of the Berkshires many summer arts offerings, go hiking in the mountains, or sit by the pool.
I have a painful physical disorder and have hopes for improvement after working with the medical professionals on staff.
A place that offers such a vast array of services has to be special.

Room Tip: Never go the "scoop"on thiss stuff.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. A visit to Canyon Ranch in Lenox has so many possibilities; it truly can be “Whatever YOU want.” It is rewarding to know meeting with our medical professionals has provided you some hope; they truly are an amazing group! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have only been to CR for the last 3 years, but I go with a group of gals that have been going for much longer. Since I am not a "spa" type of person, I passed the invite for many years. I finally broke down 3 years ago and now there is no turning back. For me, it's weekend warrior time, but if you are more into spa services or daily walks on the property, that's fine too. From 8am to 5pm I enjoy exercise classes every hour, except for a break midday for lunch. The agreement we girls have is that everyone does their own thing during the day and we meet up for dinner. More often than not, though, we run into each other during the day in one class or another. We all end the active part of the day in Restorative Yoga. Each year a few new classes are introduced and if they interest me, I try them. This year there was a ballet barre and balance beam class. Both excellent! Don't miss Chi Energy and NIA. One trip here and you will be hooked. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan2350
I am so glad to hear of your 3rd Annual Girl’s Getaway to Canyon Ranch in Lenox! It certainly sounds like you enjoyed a variety of classes and activities. Whether you’re a “weekend warrior” or just want to relax and unplug, a visit to Canyon Ranch has something for everyone making it an excellent choice for a Girl’s Getaway. We look forward to seeing you at your 4th girl’s getaway!

Reggie Cooper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Blantyre
#8 of 16 in Lenox
LakeHouse Inn
LakeHouse Inn
#1 of 9 in Lee

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!