“The best summer camp for adults you could ever want.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canyon Ranch in Lenox

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lenox
Goshen, New York
“The best summer camp for adults you could ever want.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Canyon Ranch cares for you- body, mind and soul in the most beautiful setting and a calming, relaxing atmosphere. Get fit, keep fit in the vast array of physical activities. Get charged up, slow down. Pamper your self, indulge yourself. Whatever YOU want to do. It's there. Take advantage of the Berkshires many summer arts offerings, go hiking in the mountains, or sit by the pool.
I have a painful physical disorder and have hopes for improvement after working with the medical professionals on staff.
A place that offers such a vast array of services has to be special.

Room Tip: Never go the "scoop"on thiss stuff.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. A visit to Canyon Ranch in Lenox has so many possibilities; it truly can be “Whatever YOU want.” It is rewarding to know meeting with our medical professionals has provided you some hope; they truly are an amazing group! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reggie Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have only been to CR for the last 3 years, but I go with a group of gals that have been going for much longer. Since I am not a "spa" type of person, I passed the invite for many years. I finally broke down 3 years ago and now there is no turning back. For me, it's weekend warrior time, but if you are more into spa services or daily walks on the property, that's fine too. From 8am to 5pm I enjoy exercise classes every hour, except for a break midday for lunch. The agreement we girls have is that everyone does their own thing during the day and we meet up for dinner. More often than not, though, we run into each other during the day in one class or another. We all end the active part of the day in Restorative Yoga. Each year a few new classes are introduced and if they interest me, I try them. This year there was a ballet barre and balance beam class. Both excellent! Don't miss Chi Energy and NIA. One trip here and you will be hooked. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan2350
I am so glad to hear of your 3rd Annual Girl’s Getaway to Canyon Ranch in Lenox! It certainly sounds like you enjoyed a variety of classes and activities. Whether you’re a “weekend warrior” or just want to relax and unplug, a visit to Canyon Ranch has something for everyone making it an excellent choice for a Girl’s Getaway. We look forward to seeing you at your 4th girl’s getaway!

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I visited the Ranch for a few days in May and had a lovely time. This was my third visit to the Berkshires and I found it to be restful and soothing. I don't attend the lectures but I go to many of the workout classes and enjoy the solitude. I was back in the Berkshires this past weekend (not at the Ranch) and saw a local story in the newspaper about a fire and bomb scare - the same weekend I was there! I had no idea and I am very upset - how did they know it was a hoax? There was no mention of any action taken on the Ranch's part once they got this warning and I am absolutely shaking to think what could have happened. How dare they play russian roullete with my life!

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
11 Thank berkshires106
It was of concern to read your remarks and I do hope you received the message I sent regarding the matter. I can assure you this situation was handled with the utmost concern for the safety and security of our guests. Please know this is not something we take lightly as we take great pride in providing our guests a secure and safe environment.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I came here for 3 nights in early May of 2012. We live and work in NYC and we needed to get away for a couple of nights to de-stress. We decided to take the train to Albany and avoid the stress of driving in city traffic. The Canyon Ranch driver was waiting for us at the Albany station with some delicious wraps, brownies and cold water because he was concerned that we would not make it to Canyon Ranch in time for lunch. Upon arrival, the woman at check-in said that lunch was still being served for another 10 minutes. She suggested that we leave our bags and go get something to eat. So we had a few more delicious bites before checking in. That is what it is like at Canyon Ranch. The staff cannot do enough for you. There is a positive energy that flows from the staff and the guests creating an experience that is truly memorable and life changing. All of this is included in the price and there is no tipping. We also received a spa credit included in the price. I used my credit to get a couple of massages, a one on one personal training session and a core conditioning session. The fitness instructors are great. They are very professional and knowledgeable. The massage therapists are incredible. I can honestly say that I received the best massages I have ever experienced. Both of my therapists were skilled, focused and energetic. And again, this was included in the price and there is no tipping. My wife took several yoga classes, a one on one swimming lesson and a Pilate’s lesson. She was also impressed by the knowledge and skill of her instructors. The grounds are beautiful and there are some great places to jog on trails through the woods. We both enjoyed all our meals here. The wait staff cannot do enough for you. There is a beautiful fresh salad bar at dinner every night. Three nights was not enough time to take full advantage of all that is offered here. We fully intend to return one day because there is just so much that we did not have time for. The cooking classes looked great and were always packed. The tennis clinics also looked like a lot of fun. If you are interested in health, fitness, relaxation and a positive fulfilling experience, this is the place to go.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack A
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
It was such a pleasure to hear of your “Great Vacation” at Canyon Ranch in Lenox. I am so glad you and your wife found Canyon Ranch the stress-busting getaway you deserve! Our staff takes great satisfaction in providing the world-class care and attention you expect, as well as bestowing “an experience that is truly memorable and life changing.” We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I wanted a few days (3) of relaxation and healthy eating. I loved the feng shui class, morning walks, spa services, healthy and tasty food and wonderful service. I took Amtrak to albany and was picked up to and from. I'll be back. It was worth every penny.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Ann C
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
It was gratifying to know you found your stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox was all you hoped it would be. We offer a wide range of activities in hopes to please all our guests and I am glad you found that to be true. Thank you for mentioning Amtrak, the train is a great way to travel to Canyon Ranch in Lenox. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I've been here five times, solo and with my daughter. It is a beautiful facility, with the dining room, library and medical and behavioral services in a renovated mansion and the spa, gym facility and fab locker rooms in an updated addition. If you arrive by yourself, you can meet people in classes and sit at the captain's table in the dining room and dine with a staff member and other guests. Returning guests keep coming back for the stunning array of classes, lectures, outdoor activities, wonderful healthy food and healing arts. Many people find it is a healing place to stay if you have had a major life transition, such as a loss of a spouse, recent divorce, health issues, etc. I have also enjoyed CR with my teenage daughter, just having mother/daughter time together. She loves the classes, but mostly adores what she calls "spa - ing," hanging out in the whirlpool, sitting in the eucalyptus steam room, leafing through magazines and then going for a dip in the pool. The rooms are nice and well equipped, but perhaps not in line with the price of the resort. I spend little time in the room, so not an issue. If you do stay, here are some tips:
1. You can arrive before noon and CR will give you a locker in the spa and you go about your day.
2. Don't just use your hotel credits on that mani-pedi. A visit with the behavioral health team can be transforming. It was for me. I had a one hour visit with a doctor. When in real life do you ever get to chat about all of your health issues with an MD for a whole hour?
3. They have the best chocolate chip cookies and sorbet.
4. The dining room is alcohol free. You can have a glass of wine in your room, but I never bother, even though I often drink wine with meals at home.
5.Try things you thought you never would: high ropes course, energy healing, hikes up the mountain, kettle bells. It's all good.
6. There are classes every hour and it is easy to wear yourself out. Take time out to hang in the library, watch a movie, walk the labyrinth.
7. Keep an open mind about eastern medicine, healing arts. It is all here and it is pretty interesting stuff.
8. The cafe has French press coffee if you need that serious jolt in the morning.
9. If you are so inclined, you can connect with your spiritual side, through wonderful 5:00 meditation in the yoga room, lectures, health and healing services.
10. The price for your stay depends upon the time of year of your visit (summer is high season), and the day you arrive (Fri, Sat arrivals are most expensive). Off season is lovely in the Berkshires. CR has fire builders who tend the fires in the lounge and the library, and you can walk everywhere without going outside. CR tends to be a bit more low key off season and that suits us fine.

Room Tip: Guests with mobility issues should ask for a room closer to the elevators/stairwells, and some of th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bostonstory
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful observations and your “Top 10 Tips” for Canyon Ranch in Lenox. Your tips are spot on; it can be so beneficial to keep an open mind and step outside of your norm while at Canyon Ranch. It is rewarding to know your time here has been so meaningful. And you make an excellent point, there is no “off” season in the Berkshires! As we say, it’s always 68 degrees here, unless you choose to go outside the glass. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We're leaving today for what will be our fourth year at Canyon Ranch, Lenox. My girlfriend and I have come to look forward to this trip over any other. We kiss our husbands goodbye and never look back for 5 glorious days. In that time we workout throughout the day, choosing from a plethora of exercise classes for cardio, yoga, water aerobics, you name it. After class we pamper ourselves with any of the wonderful services offered (Thai massage, facials, shiatsu), returning to our room with a movie we've chosen from the front desk, and usually never see to the end because we're out cold, being so utterly relaxed and happy. I love, love love Canyon Ranch and their wonderful staff.
p.s. The food is great too!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for visiting Canyon Ranch in Lenox for your 4th Girl’s Getaway! It’s so gratifying to hear you and your girlfriend take full advantage of your five days and you are “utterly relaxed and happy.” The exercise classes and services you mentioned are among the favorites mentioned by our guests. We look forward to seeing you at your 5th girl’s getaway. It will be a pleasure to share your review with the Canyon Ranch team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Blantyre
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#5 of 14 in Lenox

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!