“Good deal for cheap nights stay”

Days Inn - Lenox MA
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Toronto, Canada
“Good deal for cheap nights stay”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We've stayed here many times. You get what you pay for but it is clean and the staff are friendly. I've never been bitten by bed bugs here and have stayed numerous times. A great deal for a comfy bed at $39.00 on Hotwire.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank theoracle44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Please be forwarned, this place is a dump and I got BED BUG BITES all over my body during my stay there from 10/22/10 through 10/24/10!!! Do NOT stay here. It's looks a little nicer than the Econo-Lodge (which looked like a real hole), but nothing is worth the pain, itching, sleepless nights and paranoia of bed bugs. Now I'm terrified that I've brought them home with me to NY. It was not worth the cheap hotel room. Definitely stay somepolace else!!!!

Other horrible things to note: the walls are paper thin, the accomodations are bleak, there aren't even safes in the rooms, and the public rest room in the office was so filthy that the woman at the front desk advised my boyfriend not to use it. Not exactly what you want to hear upon check-in. I should've known then to leave immediately!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LaurenM26

Travelers are raving about these Lenox hotels

Albany, NY
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Pretty typical Days Inn experience: Reasonable rate (for this area) and decent, comfortable, and quiet motel-type accommodations - fine for one or two nights - especially given the $300-and-up nightly rates typical of the finer resorts and B&Bs in the area. Friendly front-desk staff. Good location - close to 'downtown' Lenox & Tanglewood, and a few miles to Pittsfield. Decent pool, although paint was chipping from poolside tabletops; Poor continental breakfast - slim pickings at 9AM (fruit loops, corn flakes, & a single bagel remained), and no one replenished food, supplies, or cleared tables while we were there. Our room was not serviced after our 1st nights stay, even though housekeeping was servicing the room next door & saw us departing for lunch and sight-seeing. We later secured fresh towels from a nearby unlocked service room. Also, no elevators, so may want to request 1st floor if you have back/leg problems, or a lot of luggage. I'd say up to a buck-and-a-quarter nightly would be good value rate for these accommodations, even during the high summer tourist season..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dvmorrison
Coalville, England
Reviewed May 28, 2010

First things first.... I have never stayed in an American motel chain motel place before so I cannot compare this establishment with others rather I can only compare to the other places we have stayed in on this trip.

On arriving it appeared to me that the place was in need of general basic maintenance and upkeep. The place looked not dirty but very worn out, the appearance of the reception area confirmed this.

I must confess I was a little disconcerted to have the door to my room open straight onto the car park. What was more worrying was that the door didn't appear particularly secure, certainly the rubber seals around the door had perished.

The room itself was very worn out. Curtains were dirty and bed linen did have holes in, in addition the air conditioning unit was very loud.

Having said that although the room was run down I cannot agree with previous reviews which have stated the room was dirty, for us it was not.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty bad, nearly everything had gone by the time we got there and in addition the seating area itself was very small and would not have accommodated our party of five when there were other guests in.

The one upsde were the reception staff who were overall pretty helpful.

In short, however, on this experience I would not return to this or any other Days Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Washington, DC
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I found this hotel because of a hotel guide I found at a rest stop on the New York Thruway -- which I did when I realized that we would not make it all the way to Cape Cod before the giant Blizzard hit there. Therefore, I couldn't check the reviews of this place online first. For what I needed it for (shelter from the storm, warmth, internet), it was fine -- but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. For one thing, the original room I was assigned was FREEZING cold, although the second one was fine. The bathtub didn't drain very well and while the night staffperson who checked me in (at 2am) was very nice, the manager in the morning was insistent that we could not stay past noon because "the room was booked" (this, despite the fact that it seems well over three-quarters of the hotel was empty!). Strange, not very friendly. (The internet service was decent, however -- obviously as I was able to post this.)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Greenville, SC
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Carpet was dirty--finger nail clippings, lint, frags of paper, sand. Bed sagged. Bathroom had hair on the floor, in shower, in sink. This is not a quality accommodation at even the moderate price level level that we paid. Of course, this is the Mass Berkshires, by Tanglewood, in summer, so even the worst of places is priced higher. The breakfast was bad--corn flakes, coco puffs, instant oatmeal, coffee. The pastry was not appetizing. The area was small and cramped with only 6 people in it. High points: new shower curtain, new door handle (misfitted) on the bathroom door. Low point: the rest of the place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 15Tubaman
New York
Reviewed April 21, 2009

1. We were initially given a room that smelled like smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room. We were given a new non-smelly room.
2. I couldn't get the WiFi to work on my laptop. No one at the front desk could help or refer me to someone who could help.
3. When we got to breakfast, there was hardly any food left. No one came to replace the food or clean up the mess that earlier breakfast eaters had left. The coffee and "hot" water for tea were barely even warm.
4. There was snowstorm. The parking lot was barely plowed and the walkways had not been cleared leaving lots of slippery spots.

Would never stay here again. If you need a reasonably priced hotel in the area, the Days Inn in nearby Great Barrington is much nicer.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Lenox
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires

Been to Days Inn - Lenox MA? Share your experiences!