“Spoil yourself in the Berkshires”
Review of Gateways Inn

Gateways Inn
Ranked #2 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My visit to the Gateways Inn was a pure delight. The staff was warm and welcoming and the atmosphere was one of peace and tranquility. My room was beautifully decorated with a jacuzzi and a fireplace. Every morning I was offered freshly squeezed fruit juice along with a made to order hot breakfast ranging from whole grain bluberry pancakes to poched eggs to french toast with fruit. There was also an array of special cheeses as well as fresh berries, fruit, homemade granola jams and yogurt. Thursday night there was live jazz at the piano bar. The bar menu was wonderful, and we enjoyed a chocolate fondue while watching the splendid performance. I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Orlie B
There are newer reviews for Gateways Inn

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed overnight at the Gateways Inn and cannot wait to return! From the moment I arrived till the time I left not one detail was overlooked! The room was lovely and comfortable! The fireplace in the room made a beautiful room even more lovely!

It was hard to decide what to order for dinner! The homemade mushroom soup served in a delicious bread basket was delicious! The sea bass was delicious!

Looking forward to returning with friends to introduce them to this delightful Inn and for another special evening in the piano bar!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dana K
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at Gateways Inn for my weekend short trip from NYC. The actual atmosphere is even better than the pictures show. I loved the interiors at the moment when I arrived the lobby. The owners decorated the inn elegantly with many arts about Shakespeare. I also loved some old and big wall clocks. There was a piano bar with lots of whiskey & wine options and LIVE JAZZ. The music and atmosphere were just so great that I could just stay there for the entire evening. I had room Juliet. It was very clean and spacious.The breakfast room was in an area with lots of windows and sun lights. It gave me a great start of the day.

The owners Michele & Eiran are extremely nice and friendly. I visited in Feb and the cold weather killed my car's battery. They helped me calling AAA and had my problem solved in 30 minutes in a freezing Sunday morning.

I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely go back whenever I visit Stockbridge, MA. By the way, Norman Rockwell Museum is a place you have to visit!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is an inn like no other! We had a beautiful stay at the Gatways Inn, where no detail is overlooked. Michele is warm and welcoming and our room was spacious and comfortable. Not only were we provided with sumptuous robes and slippers, but I was delighted that we had our own Keurig in our room and a small elegantly disguised fridge stocked with creamer and bottled water. A small valet for my jewelry?! Really?! It shows that the small details truly sets this Inn above the rest. In addition, one of the nights we stayed at the Gateways also had a well attended and lively fundraiser, with great music! We enjoyed the atmosphere of this event, and really enjoyed that when we retired to our room right behind the bar, our room still remained blissfully quiet! We were also just steps away from Lenox center. The Gateways Inn is all you could ask for and more!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a short trip up to the Berkshires on a Wednesday night in February. The inn was quiet but beautiful. Our room was large, comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good and plentiful. Because it was winter, there was no dinner served or piano bar but the way the inn is set up for these functions is perfect. When the weather is warmer, we will definitely look to return with friends to enjoy this special place at the piano bar on Thursday nights (the designated room is just perfect for relaxing and enjoying) and for dinner as well. The innkeepers are friendly and interesting. Glad we stayed here and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were in Mr. Procter's room (of P&G) and it was spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Gateways Inn for 4 magical days.. Mornings started with a fantastic breakfast prepared by the owner, Michele. The homemade Granola was outstanding..It was so good, we took some home with us.. But I would have to say my favorite was the homemade Blueberry Pancakes!! After spending the day checking out the area, we would return to the cozy inn to relax and hang out. They have a large bar in the main area with a good selection of wine, whiskeys and Cognac.. It was cold, so sitting by the fire sipping a Cognac was great.. Thursday night, our last night there, they had a Jazz band playing that was outstanding.. We decided to enjoy dinner at the bar while listening to the great Jazz music.. Pete the bartender was fantastic.. We did not want to leave!! I told Michele how much I loved the Blueberry Pancakes so she made them for us again our last morning! What a fantastic place to stay.. We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: We statyed in the Desdemona room with Fireplace and Jacuzzi tub.. It was great.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My daughter and I had a wonderful stay at Gateways Inn and Restaurant in the heart of Lenox. We had a variety of unique drinks and foods for dinner which were delicious and accommodations were excellent. The highlight for me personally was the breakfast in the morning...it was incredible! All of our dietary differences were accommodated with ease. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank BettsieG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
Blantyre
Blantyre
#5 of 16 in Lenox
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Gateways Inn? Share your experiences!