“A fast weekend getaway”
Review of Gateways Inn

Gateways Inn
Ranked #2 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and i just needed to get away a few weeks ago. We drove North to the Berkshire Mountains on a Friday and wound up at The Gateways. What a pleasant surprise! The innkeepers,Eiran and Michele Gazit couldn"t have more accomodating. The room was immaculate and very inviting. We dined at the restaurant Saturday and had a very fine meal.
I recommend The Gateways highly to anyone that is looking for a special weekend away.
Markol50

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I recently had my wedding at the Gateways Inn and a wonderful time was had by all! I had booked all 12 rooms for the weekend (October 26-28). We arrived on Friday afternoon, and all rooms were ready for the guests. The rooms are extremely well kept and very clean. The Miranda Suite is most impressive. Friday evening we held our rehearsal dinner at a restaurant in town, which was just a three minute walk from the Gateways. Upon returning to the Inn, we were pleased to see the bartender, Paula, ready to serve us. She was extremely professional and very kind. The next day (wedding day), the Innkeepers, Michele and Eiran, were eager to assist with anything I needed help with, and everything was right on point! The service and food provided by the Gateways was nothing less than superb. Everything was exactly as I had imagined and hoped for. Some of my guests said it was the most elegant and intimate wedding they have ever attended. I did not have one complaint from any of my guests the entire weekend and everyone had a fabulous time! Thank you Michele and Eiran!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank erintallman
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed three nights at the Gateways Inn in the Proctor room which is located on the ground floor. It is so private and quiet. We loved the layout of this Inn. Unfortunately we were there on the days that the dining room was closed so we were unable to enjoy the dinner that we hear is so terrific. However we highly recommend going to dinner at Alta Restaurant. Absolutely wonderful! Breakfast was delicious and Michelle was wonderful. Would we come back again? Definately.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We would recommend this place to anyone! Our stay at the Gateways Inn was fantastic - our room was quite large but very cozy, the food was absolutely delicious, and Michele and Eiran were as pleasant as could be! You will not regret your stay here!

Room Tip: The Desdemona Suite is tucked behind the bar and is quite private and surprisingly quiet.
3  Thank shellyb7RH
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Beautiful and immaculate the room had very nice amenities, big flat screen TV, fridge, complimentary keurig coffee, plush robes and towels. We booked the least expensive room and were given an upgrade. The Breakfast was delicious - I am trying to find a recipe to duplicate the amazing multigrain rolls that were served. Eiran and Michelle are very friendly hosts, but not too on top of you. There was a lively bar crowd. When we were there- live music friday and sat night. Friday night we went to sleep early and the room was totally quite despite the crowd at the Bar. The location is fantastic for walking. We walked to tanglewood and hiked around the grounds and we walked to restaurants and shops in Lenox. It's a really beautiful place to stay. The innkeepers were very accommodating to our needs and requests.

Room Tip: really all the rooms are beautiful - the larger rooms are a bit more expensive.
3  Thank AJLAWNJ
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was my second visit to Gateways Inn. My first was in June which was not in season yet, but great. This one was Sept. 15 to the 17. I was assigned a room upstairs, but when Eiran & Michelle found out I couldn't walk up the stairs due to a leg problem, they gave me a room on the first floor. It was a very lovely and convenient room. I was not disturbed by any noises. You had to pass my room when you entered the Inn. They had a Jazz duo that evening. Very entertaining. Michelle serves a great health related breakfast. No fatty bacon or salty ham or actually no meats for breakfast. She prepares a granola that is so delicious, I had to purchase some to take home. I'm still enjoying it. Each morning she prepares a different menu for breakfast. If you have a dietary problem she works with you. Her dinners are exceptional also. All freshly cooked mostly by her hands. Michelle and Eiran make you feel like family visiting their home. They and their help are the warmest people you can find in a B&B anywhere.

Room Tip: I was in two different rooms on the downstairs level and found both to be great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Sunny W
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We are well traveled and love staying in beautiful inns, and the Gateways Inn is just that...beautiful! Eiran and Michelle were welcoming, friendly and hospitable. We enjoyed hearing about their journey in hospitality before becoming the owners of the Gateways. Their experience shows...not a detail is left unattended. Even though we were the only guests the night we stayed (a rare circumstance I'm sure), our breakfast was bountiful and delicious! We're just sorry we weren't there to enjoy the gourmet evening meal in the restaurant and sip a little rare scotch at the incredible bar. Another time, we hope!

Room Tip: All of the rooms were beautiful and well appointed.
2  Thank Jerilyn S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
Blantyre
#6 of 16 in Lenox
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Gateways Inn? Share your experiences!