Gateways Inn
$175
Official Site
$59
$50
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort(Lenox)(Great Value!)
$129
Hotels.com
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
$121
Travelocity
All reviewshomemade granolalive jazzb bchallah french toastwonderful hostsgas fireplacesummer homedining roombreakfast was deliciousdowntown lenoxjacuzzi tubgreat weekendeach morningroom was spaciouscommon areasbed and breakfastnew england
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was my second visit to Gateways Inn. My first was in June which was not in season yet, but great. This one was Sept. 15 to the 17. I was assigned a room upstairs, but when Eiran & Michelle found out I couldn't walk up the stairs due to a leg problem, they gave me a room on the first floor. It was a very lovely and convenient room. I was not disturbed by any noises. You had to pass my room when you entered the Inn. They had a Jazz duo that evening. Very entertaining. Michelle serves a great health related breakfast. No fatty bacon or salty ham or actually no meats for breakfast. She prepares a granola that is so delicious, I had to purchase some to take home. I'm still enjoying it. Each morning she prepares a different menu for breakfast. If you have a dietary problem she works with you. Her dinners are exceptional also. All freshly cooked mostly by her hands. Michelle and Eiran make you feel like family visiting their home. They and their help are the warmest people you can find in a B&B anywhere.

Room Tip: I was in two different rooms on the downstairs level and found both to be great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Sunny W
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We are well traveled and love staying in beautiful inns, and the Gateways Inn is just that...beautiful! Eiran and Michelle were welcoming, friendly and hospitable. We enjoyed hearing about their journey in hospitality before becoming the owners of the Gateways. Their experience shows...not a detail is left unattended. Even though we were the only guests the night we stayed (a rare circumstance I'm sure), our breakfast was bountiful and delicious! We're just sorry we weren't there to enjoy the gourmet evening meal in the restaurant and sip a little rare scotch at the incredible bar. Another time, we hope!

Room Tip: All of the rooms were beautiful and well appointed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jerilyn S
Reviewed September 19, 2012

After running around Amherst while visiting my alma mater, my husband and I were anxious to head to the Berkshires for some R&R. We chose the Gateways Inn, an impressive, beautifully renovated mansion in Lenox, MA.
The innkeepers, Eiran and Michele, both warm and gracious, happily welcomed us into their home. Our guestroom, with its comfy King bed (placed under a skylight – nice touch), Jacuzzi tub, and gas fireplace, was the best. We would have been happy just to lounge in the room if the weather weren’t so perfect.
The inn features its own fabulous restaurant - a welcome bonus. It was great to simply walk to the lower floor to enjoy excellent food and a romantic evening. After dinner we settled into the spacious piano lounge (the bar is in an adjacent space) where we were entertained by talented, local musicians. A fun way to end the evening, and we didn’t have to drive anywhere!
The staff was courteous and top-notch, happy to share tips on what to do and see in the area. They too made us feel relaxed and welcome. We roamed around the place as if it were our own, which the innkeepers heartily encouraged.
The cooked-to-order breakfasts were fabulous. I can’t recall exactly what was served (each day was different), but it was all delicious. We fell in love with Michele’s homemade granola, and she graciously sent us home with some, along with a generous piece of their wonderful challah French toast. Who does this? So unexpected, and a wonderful touch.
We booked two nights but wanted to stay a third. When asked if this was possible, Eiran and Michele were more than accommodating. They could have made us switch rooms, but arranged things so we didn’t have to. That, to me, is service.
If you’re longing for a quiet, romantic place, lovely guestroom, great food, and live entertainment, you’ll find it at the Gateways Inn.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $$ for a King, second floor, bigger bath.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SwanPond
Reviewed September 16, 2012

In the Berkshires to visit the Norman Rockwell Museum, my wife and I stayed one night in the Gateways Inn. We are not usually B&B people, but the elegant building, its convenient location in the middle of town, and the ample parking lured us in. Once inside, we could not imagine staying anywhere else: the gracious central hall with its polished wood and architectural details evoked the privileged world of the turn-of-the-(20th)-century businessman who built the house. It was more expensive than the places we usually stay, but we decided to splurge, and we are glad we did. Our large, comfortable first-floor room had a queen-sized bed, windows on two walls, and an electric fireplace. The bathroom amenities impressed my wife. The inn has a bar and restaurant. As a bonus, we discovered that we had stumbled into the town's hot spot, offering live music Thursday through Saturday in the autumn. The jazz singer and piano player performing when we were there were first-rate. The next morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast featuring asparagus omelets, cheeses, fruit, and homemade granola.

Room Tip: Light sleepers who retire early might want to avoid the downstairs room next to the lounge on live music nights.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff25
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I had a very rare opportunity to get away for 5 nights. We needed to pick up our child at a nearby camp, so we chose the Berkshires as our destination. We had a wonderful trip that was made even better by the Gateways Inn. The owners are friendly but not intrusive, warm and welcoming but not over-bearing. They couldn't have been nicer. The breakfasts were terrific; all home made items, healthy, and tasty. We had dinner at the Inn one night and it was very good as well. We look forward to staying at the Gateways Inn again on our next trip to the Berkshires.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple