“great place”
Review of Gateways Inn

Gateways Inn
Ranked #2 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 18, 2012

great place.owners extreamly friendly and helpful. fantastic food. very clean, can't wait to go back

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Having stayed at a previous property run by the Gazits, I was looking forward to their new adventure as owners/innkeepers of this beautiful historic Inn. It was a wonderful stay from start to finish to include all the amenities one expects at such a property, Great pillows, fluffy robes, nice towels, beautiful room with a fridge in a wooden cabinet, keurig coffee maker, nice soaps, etc.

The downstairs with the piano bar, comfy seating, a bar in room attached to the restaurant (had dinner there on another occasion which was very good) and just a nice place to sit with a glass of winer before retiring for the night. Breakfast: read Kate G's review. She says it all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of a week-end stay at the Gateways Inn. I'd never been to a Select Hotel property and didn't know what to expect. I was greeted at the door by the owner, Eiran Gazit, who led me up the grand center staircase to my room. Each room is named for a character from a Shakespeare play. Cute! My room, the Arianna, was decorated in neutral and appealing colors. It was a perfect blend of old and new. Beautifully preserved antique furnishings, a gas fireplace and glass doornobs along with a flatscreen TV mounted on the wall. My room had a Keurig coffee maker and selection of k-cups rather than one of those little drip coffee makers that make your room smell like burnt coffee after you use it. The bathroom was large with plenty of space for my things and jacuzzi tub.They even provide a plush bathrobe to use during my stay.

Each morning I was guided to the breakfast room where I was served a home made breakfast with more choices than I could have asked for. Gazit's wife, Michele, is the breakfast chef. Her homemade granola is the best I've eaten. Cheeses, fresh croissants, yogurts, and a vegetable and herb fritata. The second morning she served a strada made with goat cheese. Who needs lunch after such equisite breakfasts?

I did not eat in the restaurant however the menu looked wonderful. Perhaps the best part of my stay was the piano bar. This is a large room with lots of comfy couches. I heard a trio featuring a jazz clarinetist who was amazing. I stayed through all three sets. The piano bar features a light and varied menu: everything from a mediterranean plate with hummus and feta or a New Yorker plate with cornbeef, to grilled or fresh vegetables. And scrumptious looking desserts.

There was also a long mahogany bar outside of the piano bar.

The Inn has many cozy places in which to curl up in a comfortable chair and read your book.

Now that I've stayed at the Gateways Inn I will always stay at Select hotels when they are available. The warmth and friendliness of the owners and staff together with the beautiful ambience of the Inn made my stay memorable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I spent three wonderful days at the Gateways Inn. My room was exceptional. I was in the Desdemona room. Very clean and very perfect. Where else would you find a towel especially for makeup? Who else would have a Keurig coffee machine and fridge in the room? . Where else would you be able to get the best pancakes in the world? Michele, they are the best in the world. She cooks especially for you. Michele and Eiran make you feel at home. The staff was very accommodating. I was there a bit off season, but still had a great time. I found the Gateways Inn to be the best. Thanks Michele & Eiran for the wonderful stay. Sunny

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Sunny W
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our room (Luciana) was very clean and well-appointed, the food was excellent, and the inn itself was just beautiful. And innkeepers Eiran and Michele Gazit were incredibly friendly and gracious! A wonderful experience all around! David and Jody S.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David S
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I spent a delightful two days at the Gateways in early May 2012. We stayed in the Desdemona room, very comfortable and spacious enough for two people. There was a gas fireplace which we did not need to use. The bath was modern and very clean. The highlight of the stay, however were the two breakfasts we enjoyed. One featured blueberry pancakes and the other, French croissants with an omelet. Both were made fresh just for us and were delicious. In addition there was homemade yogurt, granola, artisan cheeses and jams. The owners of the B&B were very friendly and accommodating. Lenox in May was great—no crowds and easy to get restaurant reservations. We enjoyed hiking in Kennedy Park and the Mass. Audubon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank plheureux
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The Inn is beautiful, the staff and owners go well beyond duty to take care of you. Breakfast was very good. I do not remember when last time I slept so well all through the night....the bed was so comfortable.
Highly recommended!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
Brook Farm Inn
Brook Farm Inn
#3 of 20 in Lenox
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Gateways Inn? Share your experiences!