“Weekend getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
North Andover, Massachusetts
“Weekend getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend at historic The Gateways Inn, and we we're simply blown away by the charm of the inn and the hospitality of the innkeepers. Very comfortable and friendly atmosphere. We are looking forward to coming back during the busy season. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Speak with Eiran before booking your room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
North Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

I just spent a week at the Gateways Inn. Eiran and Michele spoiled me. The breakfasts were wonderful and the rooms beautiful. I arrived by myself to attend a yoga immersion. I was put in the Proctor Room; which is a great room. My husband came up for the weekend to help me celebrate my birthday. When Eiran and Michele found out it was my birthday they surprised me with flowers and a balloon bouquet. Since it was off season and there were few guests at the inn my room was upgraded.They made my birthday extremely special. Michele and Eiran I love you!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

I went out to clean the snow off my car before breakfast, but much to my amazement, the concierge, Michelle, beat me to it! Now that's service beyond the call! That , on top of luxurious accommodations, a beautiful historic mansion and a delicious breakfast puts Gateways on the top of my list. I plan to be back frequently.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Rye, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

We have stayed at Gateways twice; both in the off season. It is a beautiful building with lovely amenities. The room we stayed in had a fireplace, high ceilings and a huge window looking out on the snow. Breakfast was delicious, and the service could not have been more accommodating. We look forward to coming back during the high season when the restaurant will be open.
AFM
Oh, did I mention that Gateways is a short walk to the great shops and excellent restaurants of Lenox!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ann M
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Spent a night at the Gatways,How great everything was, especially the room and the staff. Pity bar was not open. Will come back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Simply put, there isnt a better option having stayed at a few of the inns throughout Lenox. The rooms are beautiful and the house is filled with historic legacy and charm, you cannot help but relax. We stayed one weekend passing through on a trip from Boston to Chicago. We had dinner closeby st Frankie's Italian Restaurant and by the way that's highly recommended. And if nothing more you need to go for the blueberry pancakes the next morning. I am still having dreams about that breakfast. My sweet God the pancakes were heavenly, I had to have a second round! We will surely be back soon to the Gateway and to see the delightful couple that made our weekend in Lenox so very wonderful.

• Stayed February 2012
Rockville Centre, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Spent an evening at the lovely and historic Gateways Inn in January. Met the new owner Eiran who was gracious and most hospitable. Rooms are gorgeous, filled with charm yet offering modern amenities. The breakfast, I understand, was prepared by Eiran's wife was unique and wonderful! Never had an omlet prepared in a muffin tin...the fluffiest omlet ever!

Room Tip: My first assigned room did not have a shower...lovely claw foot bathtub but no real shower. Make sur...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Yankee Inn
#5 of 14 in Lenox
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort
Hampton Terrace Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Gateways Inn? Share your experiences!