“A relaxed lunch”

Alta Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Lenox
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dunstable, Massachusetts
“A relaxed lunch”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

As we drove into Lenox, I saw the restaurant on the left. Thankfully, we were able to get on street parking down the street a bit. We were seated immediately and our server did an excellent job. I had a lovely Mediterranean inspired salad with flavorful herb grilled chicken and blue cheese dressing. Hubby had a Caesar salad with the same excellent chicken.
Yes, it was a tad noisy and tables are very close. This did not lessen our appreciation of the perfectly presented food that is locally produced. You can definitely taste the freshness. I wish our schedule had been so we could have enjoyed the evening menu. Looks like we will have to return when I schedule is NOT so tight. I can't wait.

Plymouth
“The bar worked out well”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

No tables available so we sat at the bar, got full menu and bar menu. Excellent food, attentive service

Visited August 2014
Higganum, Connecticut
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I just had a very nice meal with excellent service at Alta's. If you like lamb, I would recommend their Lamb Tagine with Pomegranate Molasses,Dried Apricots, Spices, Stewed Vegetables and Couscous ($29) as tasty, well cooked, and properly served. The 4 of us had dinner on their terrace, which I feared might be too noisy because it opens right onto the street, but instead proved to be very pleasant, with a soft breeze, on that busy and sunny late August late afternoon and evening. We appreciated service which was prompt and responsive but not pushy.

1 Thank debrigard
Boston
“Upscale in Lenox”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We recently dined with friends who know Lenox, and their recommendation was spot on. Alta is a compact dining establishment, and perhaps typically French in that your table and your neighbor's are rather close friends. But any concerns about forced intimacy were quickly overshadowed by a wonderful meal. I was delighted with the Lamb Tagine with pomegranate molasses entree, and Mrs. Gyr gave the Free range chicken Statler an A grade. Great wine selection and friendly, attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. The proprietor also paid attention to our satisfaction. Although I prefer a roomier space in a restaurant, most all Lenox venues are "cozy" in that regard, and I haven't found another with food this good. Thumbs up!

New York City, New York
“Pleasant meal”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Food, service and ambience were good. The series of small rooms created an intimacy but it was still noisy.

Visited August 2014