“Good and lively on a Tuesday night”

Alta Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Lenox
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Good and lively on a Tuesday night”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We chose it because of reviews and when we went past at 7.45 there were lots of people there. Not disappointed. Good food, wine and service. May go back this week!

goodmealseeker
“Just right!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

On a quaint historic street in Lenox, Mass. is Alta. We walked in and immediately felt the warmth and friendliness of this eatery. The waitress was so sweet and not only arranged for special substitutions, but also considered other foods that might need to be tailored. The wines are great. And reasonable. The Mediterranean salad tasted delicious with a light dressing, raisins and pistachios among the fresh salad. The bread was crusty and warm. The free range chicken with crispy polenta was delicious. The veggies were fresh and cooked just right. Fresh tomatoes, onions, and asparagus. The portions were a good size and we were too full for dessert. We were seated in the back room and noticed soft panels on the ceiling-- these kept the volume of noise very low even though there were a lot of customers. We enjoyed our food, service and ambience very much.

Toronto
“Excellent dinners”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed so much dinner at Alta that we decided to go back a second time. Food and service were excellent.on both occasions. We had mediterranean salad and tuna wrapped in philpastry as appetizers. As main course we had scallops and broiled trout. The second night we switched orders. We had sorbet dessert both times. Finally we enjoyed a glass each of Californian Merlot. We highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Ermejo
Eastern MA
“Best impromptu lunch I have had in years”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I walked in here on Saturday looking for some restorative food and drink after a long hike to the top of Lenox Mountain. We were too late for a table for lunch, but were seated at the cozy bar. My beet and goat cheese salad was out of this world, as was my husband's cranberry chicken wrap. The owner was present and warm and gracious, as was the bartender. We would definitely go back !!

Pennsylvania
“Excellent, creative cuisine, fabulous staff”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We came to see the fall foliage, heard about this restaurant. Nervously arrived 20 minutes late for our 5:00 reservation...they could not have been nicer to us. No problem. I had the dinner sized beet salad with salmon...absolutely the best salmon I've ever had...cooked perfectly. My husband said his duck was excellent. For dessert we had a vanilla cheesecake made with goat cheese and a nut crust. Delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant.