“Really something special”

Alta Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Really something special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been dining regularly in Lenox for 12 years and have eaten at all of the venues. Alta is truly special. . The owner Aurelien is so charming and welcoming. The food is tremendous, and wines are very reasonable and varied.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wonderrful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Food was varied and delicious. The staff very friendly and engaging. We enjoyed speaking with the bartender on duty while we were there. Atmosphere was cozy and warm. Loved the bar area. Restaurant was within walking distance of our B&B. Reservation would be recommended as the restaurant is very popular.

Boston
“Went back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Alta had an excellent 3 course fixed price menu. Good value, very good food, nice selection of 3 entrees that changed nightly. Suggest reservation as it was crowded both nights.

Gloucester, Massachusetts
“A Must Try Restaurant in Lenox”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was in the Berkshires for a business meeting. Our Hotel was less than 10 minutes away and we decided to try Alta. There were no tables available and we both my wife and I like to seat at the bar.
The experience was enjoyable on more than one level.
The bartender was very nice and attentive and served us our drinks to perfection and on a reasonable time.
My wife tried the prix fixe menu ($25) and I had the duck. Her three course dinner was very good. I love duck whatever the way it is done. This one with salted caramel sauce was to die for. It was cooked as I asked for: rare/medium rare, tender flavorful.
We had a bottle of côtes de Provence rosé fruity and very affordable. The wine list is pretty as extensive with a lot of choices.
The bar seems to be very well loaded in various alcohol and liquors. I noticed a nice collection of premium single malt scotch.
I definitely recommend Alta for a quality dinner.

• Visited April 2013
rhode island
“Nice restaurant with a nice outdoor deck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very good food. If it is too warm, it is nice and air conditioned inside. We actually went there about 4 times because we spent quite a bit of time in Lenox. It is a great location.

Visited July 2012