“Simply great!”

Alta Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Lenox
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

A place with great food service and hospitality… they should operate an inn! While visiting a local inn for a weekend get away we stopped by Alta for lunch. The owner Aurelien, visited our table to chat and it’s clear this is his style. Turns out that he moved to the area to help run a Relais Chateau member property and eventually started his own restaurant, Alta. I’ve rarely written about a lunch stop but Aurelien’s place is worth taking the time for a mention. My only regret is that we were not able to go back for dinner. Next time!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our meal at Alta was wonderful. From the delicious salads to the sinful sweets and everything in between. My scallops were amazing and my bf's steak was equally delicious. The wine list is extensive. The restaurant is rather "ordinary" in decor, but I understand they are remodelling. Either way, I would def recommend it.

1  Thank Tonia B
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The food was fantastic! The service was fantastic! We will definitely go back next year! Very grateful to their customers that choose to dine with them which is very refreshing! Loved it!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We went there for my husband 30 birthday. I have to say that we are French and quite picky regarding the food (we generally expect a lot).
But absolutely EVERYTHING was perfect, the place, the lightening, the food (of course), the wine, the welcoming and even the price.
I wish we had diner there every single day !

They were even kind enough to put a candle on his dessert, which was great !

Kid friendly.

1  Thank Juliette G
Reviewed March 4, 2013

On a spa weekend with girlfriends at the Cranwell resort, we had dinner here on a Saturday night. The owner was apologetic when we arrived 45 minutes early for our reservation and called us back about 10 minutes later when our table opened up. The place was packed, and with good reason. Delicious, well - prepared food, European-style dishes with American-style portions and service. Great cocktails and 24 wines by the glass, with suggested pairings for all entrees. Would definitely come back here! A highlight of the weekend.