All reviewsfree cookiesbreakfast staffgreat place to stayfront desk staffthe breakfast areachain hotelrooms are largemain roadjiminy peakadirondack chairsconvenient locationbagelsexcellent stayking suitebeds were comfortableindoor poolminute drive
Reviewed August 28, 2017

This is a very nice Hampton Inn. We stayed for 2 nights recently, checking in on a Friday afternoon - the woman who was on duty was extremely helpful and nice. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was a typical hotel bed - never as comfy as your bed at home. Plenty of clean towels, etc. The property is lovely, with chairs and a picnic table behind the hotel - a nice place to just sit and enjoy the day. Actually, the only negative thing I can say is that this particular property only has one elevator and you might have to wait a few minutes, but that's not a big deal at all. Well, and the fact that it was very expensive for a Hampton Inn, but it is the Berkshires.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Alison D, Front Desk at Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Dear Jelmchkiion, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your visit and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travels bring you to the beautiful Berkshires. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 27, 2017

I stay at Hampton Inns a lot, as one usually knows what to expect, friendly service, clean, comfortable rooms, and a serviceable breakfast. My expectation was that my experience at this location would be above average, especially considering the rather "tony" location in Lenox with Tanglewood nearby, etc. However, there are a few reasons that this expectation was not met.

The hotel is easy to find, and in a great spot, close to restaurants, Berkshire attractions, and of course Tanglewood. The public areas are nicely decorated with local "music" themes and the overall appearance is fresh and up to date.

Upon my arrival there was only one clerk at the desk, and he was very busy looking at some kind of card file, and I stood there for a while, and then he finally greeted me. I was in no rush, but right away I thought things were a bit "off." Check in was easy as I usually do the E-checkin ahead of time, and my room was on the first floor, down the hall from the lobby. I appreciated his offer of a couple of bottles of water to take to my room.

When I went to enter my room, neither key worked, despite several tries. So I had to lug my bag and cooler all the way back to the lobby, where the clerk made some comment about how easy it was to demagnetize hotel key cards when they are in a wallet. etc. Considering he had JUST given me the key cards I am not quite sure how that could have happened. In any event, he ran the key cards again and this time they worked.

The room, a king suite, was very well appointed, clean, and up to date. However there was a very odd odor, not exactly unpleasant, but it hung in the air - I think it must have been a cleaning solution for the carpet maybe. One disappointment was the mini fridge, as there was no freezer compartment, so I had no way to refreeze the freezer packs I use in my cooler. However the refrigerator worked fine, as did the A/C, the TV, and the WiFi. The shower had plenty of hot water, decent water pressure, and the bed very comfortable. I did have to use one of my trusty chip clips on the curtains, as the A/C unit was directly under one of the windows, blowing the closed curtains open and in a first floor room this is not a good thing. On the whole there was very little hall noise, and no running in the room and floor above, so it was nice, quiet night.

The breakfast area is one of the better laid out ones I've seen, with lots of seating in a nicely decorated area. The woman maintaining the food selections was very pleasant, and the breakfast, while nothing special, was decent enough.

If it weren't for those few odd things this location would rank right up near the top, but sometimes the difference is in the details. Would I return to this hotel? Absolutely, but my experience this time was not quite up to the usual standards I expect (and usually find) from a Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: If you choose a first floor room be aware the ice machine isn't near the rooms, it's by the elevators near the front desk.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2017

We stayed in a suite on the top floor in the back facing the pond. The hotel is a bit off the highway with trees between the hotel and the highway so you shouldn't get traffic noise even if you are in the front. The room was spacious and comfortable and the customer service was very good. The only thing that we would change about the room is that less bright lights in the mini-bar area and the sink/counter area outside the bathroom. The lights in those areas are so bright that they are unpleasant. A Hilton brand change (not specific to this location) that I'd like to see is more comfortable mattresses. Some competing chains have more comfortable mattresses.

Room Tip: Top floor in back is best.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you Autumn_Lovin_Girl for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We love the feedback we get from our guests. We are currently in the process of changing all of our mattresses and we hope you come back and visit us again soon to feel the change. Again, thank you. Safe travels and take care.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night during a road trip in Western Mass.

The suite was spacious and comfortable. The hotel looked nice and was either new or recently renovated. There were plenty of options for breakfast. The dining area had lots of natural light and was tastefully decorated.

If you appreciate a nice, quite and clean place to rest your bones after a long day of travel, this is a great option.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends

Dear Oljarawr. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I loved your comment about the Hampton Inn and Suites being a nice quiet place to rest your bones after a long day of travel. We totally agree! Our peaceful location and comfortable rooms are sure to give weary travelers the rest they deserve. Again, thank you. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

Maria excellent manager, top service always. We have been coming since they opened. Renovations very pleasant. Beautiful location . Breakfast convenient and hot. Staff friendly and responsive a joy to visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks Richard E! We loved welcoming you back again and want to thank you for taking the time to review us. Again, thank you! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Take care!