“Above expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Lenox
“Above expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2008

This Hampton Inn is a cut or two above the ususal. I had a king room. It was very clean and quite spacious! The bathroom was also spacious and the toilet was in a separate walled off area from the tub/shower. This is usually found in high-end hotels only, yet it is an important hygiene issue.
The internet was free. It's wired (however, I was able to connect to the wireless since my room was on the first floor near the lobby). Nevertheless, the room was very quiet, no noises.
The morning breakfast was adequate; cereals, fruit, bagels, pastries, ham, egg patties, coffee, tea etc.

The biggest draw back: no on site restaurant. If you have no car (as I did not) there are places in a 10-15 minute walking distance. There is also a grocery store in a 5 minute walking distance and you can use the microwave in the commom area.

A real treat was the Essencials Day Spa. It's not on the Hampton Inn property but is located adjacent to it's drive way. The spa treatments were fabulous! The spa is small but the atmosphere quite comfortable/pleasant/relaxing. I've been to many Spas, this was one of my best experiences. I highly recommend it.

• Liked — Clean spacious room and bathrooms
  • Disliked — No restaurant on site
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2008

I highly recommend this Hapton Inn in Lenox, MA. I picked it based on previous posters on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. The lobby was clean and inviting. They even offer breakfast in the morning which was nice.

The room was spacious and clean and modern. We had a very nice flat screen TV and a clean, modern bathtub. The only thing I did not like was the sheets made me itchy- no, not from bed bugs- I always check. I always feel itchy at hotels, and I think it is the industrial laundry detergent they must use.

The staff was friendly and even called our room to ask if we were happy with it. I answered yes, and handed the phone over to my three year old, so he could talk the persons ear off. He was very good natured about it.

If we ever make it back out this way I will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — It was clean and modern
  • Disliked — The sheets made me itchy
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Waterloo, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2008

The best of our two weeks journey -clean - friendly personal - helpful.

Hartford,CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

Stayed here based on the reviews I read on Trip Advisor. Plus the hotel is only 5 months old! I got a King bed room with a 2 person Jacuzzi tub. I also asked for the "romance package" which actually lower the cost from $169 to $152 and I got a bottle of champagne and truffles! The champagne and truffles were suppose to be in the room when we got there, they were not but a simple call to the front desk and 5 minutes later they were at our door. My only complaint is in the Jacuzzis room there are no refrigerators. Other than that it was perfect. Our room was right next to the elevator but we could not hear anything. The people at the front desk were extremely nice. Once small detail that really impressed me was, in the pool area, which is very small, there was a basket of swimies. I have never seen that, but can assume that sometime parents forget to bring them. That impressed me. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The bed was very comfortable and the Jacuzzi was very nice!

• Liked — its only 5 months old
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kunman
Weston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

We initially booked the Yankee Inn, which is on the same property as the Hampton Inn & Suites, but after reading some truly scary reviews on TripAdvisor we coughed up the extra $100 to stay at the Hampton. It was perfectly fine, but there were some minor issues that made this a good, not great, visit.

We were having an overnight getaway with our two kids, 7 and 11, and the only choices seemed to be lower-end chains, the Eastover Resort ($$$), or Yankee/Hampton -- none of the inns or B&Bs in the Berkshires seem to take kids. So although we'd been hoping for something a little more authentic/historic, we booked the Hampton.

The room was nice and big, the beds and duvets were really wonderful, the staff was nice, and it was centrally located. It was also brand new, clean, and nicely decorated. The complimentary breakfast was good -- no egg or make-your-own waffles, but a wide assortment of breads & pastries, yogurt, fruit, cereal, etc., plus sausage patties and french toast sticks.

The problems: they don't make it clear that they don't offer wireless internet in the rooms -- it's available in the lobby, but you have to plug into a cable in the room, which is only accessible at the desk (not the bed or elsewhere). They state there are instructions in the guest book, but not so -- just says "Free internet access is available." The pool is the smallest pool I've ever seen (you can see it on their website). It would be literally impossible to swim a lap -- but the kids liked it just fine. (There were lots of kids at this hotel, but they were all well-behaved.) Ditto the exercise room -- 3 pieces of equipment, quite visible from the common areas. The property is so big, it's puzzling why they didn't add another 100-200 sq. ft. and make these amenities less noticeably tiny. Also, there was an intermittent strange odor in our room -- we all noticed it, but it came and went, so we never complained.

Overall, we were satisfied with our stay and would go back again, but the Berkshires seem very overpriced to us, at least as far as accomodations are concerned.

• Liked — The room, the beds & linens
  • Disliked — Trouble with amenities -- internet, temperature, toaster
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

We, very much enjoyed our stay at the Hampshire Inn. The staff was very helpful in all their suggestions for our vacation. They go out of their way to accommodate. The hotel is new, so not much could be enhanced to make this hotel better. Rooms are spacious, very clean and have all amenities. no restaurant on site, but they do serve a hot breakfast in the morning (not an overabundant choice, but more than enough to satisfy any traveler). Would I stay here again, if in this region?
without a doubt!

• Liked — The staff
2 Thank SoFLTraveler2008
Upstate NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2008

This new hotel offers a friendly and helpful staff. Our room, a King suite, was very spacious, comfortable and clean. I wish we could have stayed longer!

Our only complaints: we couldn't get wireless access in our room and the toasters are too slow...very minor complaints!

• Liked — helpful and friendly staff
  • Disliked — slow toasters!
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Yankee Inn
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox? Share your experiences!