“Incredible Chocolate, Cake and Good Coffee Too”

Chocolate Springs Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Lenox
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I absolutely fell in love with Chocolate Springs chocolate when my parents brought some home for the holidays. When my fiance and I got to visit for ourselves, we weren't disappointed! The place is pricey, but everything we have ordered has been minimum very good, and most has been incredible!!!! The chocolate candies are amazing- some are classic, others innovative, but you can't go wrong with any of them!

I wouldn't say that eating there is romantic, but as a Valentines Day Gift? Or anniversary? Or any other special occasion? Yes please! We went there to pick up some stuff for date night.

We went there to pick up coffee the next day (Mocha-chinos) and were not disappointed! Definitely a great place to pick up some dessert, or a gift for someone.... or ruin a diet! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

A friend referred me to Chocolate Springs. You could (and I many times did) drive right by the unassuming commerical development where it is located. Even after the recommendation I did not expect this level of quality and variety here in Western Mass. This equals or exceeds any chocolate shop I have visited. The closest comparable that I have been to is Max Brenner's in NYC. Athough this is a cafe, it does not have the extensive menu that Brenner's does and I have only purchased chocolates to go. There are preselected assortments if you are in a hurry (and you won't be once you see all the choices) but I like to select my own pieces from the amazing assortment. I am particularly partial to rasperberry/dark and always get some of that but each trip I also make sure to try a new flavor. This time the standout was Oban single-malt scotch in dark chocolate (blended in, not liquid center). It is one of my favorite Scotches and it was delicious in the chocolate. The staff is extremely friendly and the chocolate chefs enjoy discussing their creations. Not cheap, but how could it be when it is of this quality? My highest recommendation.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Every time I go to Lenox I stop by to get my hot chocolate or eggnog latte and scones!! They have the BEST Hot chocolate and deserts. It is out of this world. The atmosphere is very nice, cozy and relaxing. The staff is extremely nice and very helpful. Simply excellent.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

By far the best chocolate anywhere. One cannot find words to describe the taste, texture and sensation of eating this chocolate. The flavor choices are varied and ever-changing with the seasons and with special events. The sculpting of the specialty chocolates is a treat as much for the eyes as for the taste buds. To go to Chocolate Springs is to indulge all five of your senses. Magnificent.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you are in Lenox, you have to pay a visit to Chocolate Springs. This is gourmet chocolate at a very high level of quality, variety, and artistry. You can watch it being crafted through a window...cool! Stopped by today with a coworker looking for a present for someone in her family. She ended up getting a yummy chocolate dessert which was boxed up and put in a nice bag with a tuft of tissue...very fancy. I have been here many times and it's always different and surprising. There are a ton of gift ideas, but I think most of us go there to pick up a yummy personal treat. The hot chocolate is crazy good and I once had to share a chocolate mousse dessert with my daughter because it was just too rich to eat by myself. I have also ordered some really amazing desserts for special occasions and holidays that have never disappointed me or my guests. It's cost more than other places, but oh so worth it. Wow...try the chocolate covered chocolate chip or chocolate covered molasses cookie...mmmmmmm :)