“Front desk to busy to check for availability”

Super 8 Lee/Berkshires/Outlet Area
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Lee
Mamaroneck, New York
“Front desk to busy to check for availability”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I phoned this motel twice and 1st call was told by Dwight that he was to busy to help me so instead of doing the professional thing and asking for MY name & phone number he told me to call back in 5 minutes. I gave him 20 minutes then called back. First attempt no answer after 15 rings so I hung up. Called again from my cell phone (different number for his caller ID) he picked up on the second ring. I asked if they had rooms for tomorrow night (4/26) and he said "I don't know" I have no way of checking. I was taken back by that response so I said what do you mean you have no way of checking? He said look I have a customer in front of me and they are more important then you good bye.... Very very poor customer service. I don't think I would stay there if they offered me a room for free. Would not feel comfortable bringing my children to such a rude establishment. I'm sure the owners would be mortified if they knew what their night staff was like.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Maureen C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lee
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Our car broke down on our trip to Canada, we were towed to this hotel. The hotel was clean and the staff was excellent. Ms. Carol is an amazing lady, she was very helpful to us and made our stay a pleasure. I really enjoyed talking with her and she is a valuable employee. What started out as a stress filled trip turned into a good experience all around at this super 8. We will definitely stay here again when in the area. Thanks again to Ms Carol for being so nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The room was clean and not at all disgusting. The bed was not uncomfortable. Breakfast was definitely edible (I had a cinnamon roll), and we headed next door to Rose's for a sweet brunch after checkout. We were pleasantly surprised by the stay and would stay again if necessary.The one slight downside was that the hotel manager has yet to figure out that the curtains that hang over the air conditioning unit actually trap the heat / air. That was sort of annoying, as we were on the first floor and didn't want to open the curtains so we had to put the iron on the curtains to hold them down. No biggie. The other thing that was notable was that the maintenance is really imprecise. There were paint stains and other signs of haphazard maintenance all over the place. This type of stuff definitely detracted from the overall satisfaction, but it didn't quite ruin it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott M
Easthampton MA
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very nice for a lower-end budget chain. The room look recently refurbished. Cheery Decor. Flat screen TV and a comfy bed. Typical budget chain pillows and tools. Good shower. Indoor corridors, friendly staff. Breakfast as sparse but sufficient. Friendly staff. I would stay here again as it is a good value for the price

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lebanon
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The room was very clean, I stay here at least 10 times a year. Employes are very nice.Good food close by. Flat panel tv . What else do you need?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Cambridge
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I had to make an unscheduled stop here on my way to Boston. It was very good value and the staff at the reception were surprisingly friendly and attentive. The room was clean and comfortable as well.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Chambery Inn
Chambery Inn
#3 of 9 in Lee
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Super 8 Lee/Berkshires/Outlet Area? Share your experiences!