“Great soups and quiches” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Lenox, Massachusetts
“Great soups and quiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Delicious soups, salads and baked goods. Not much for ambiance but makes up for it with helpful, friendly employees and yummy food!

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Decent ice cream”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stopped by for a cone. Limited selection of flavors, but hey -- chocolate is the only flavor, right??

• Visited August 2012
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
“friendly and busy little restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We went to Cakewalk Bakery for lunch because of positive reviews on trip adviser. It is small and had a constant supply of customers, many of whom seemed to be regulars getting take-out. The staff was very busy but worked efficiently and seemed friendly.

We had thought from other reviews that they would have a lot of cupcake choices, but only one flavor (carrot cake) was available. We split a cold carrot ginger soup, which was ample for two and very good. We followed this with large salad plates for each of us, with chicken salad added for me and tuna salad for my husband. I found the chicken salad pretty bland, although good white meat of chicken was used. The plate was fine but neither the greens nor the dressing were anything special (my husband had the caesar salad and I had one that had walnuts which I thought they had said toasted but maybe not, as they didn't seem to be).

There was a nice selection of ice cream for dessert; my one scoop with caramel sauce was quite large and tasty. My husband's three scoops didn't seem all that much bigger, but he enjoyed the ice cream and the caramel sauce. The waitress brought the food to our table, but didn't remove the plates from the small table when she brought the desserts. She was very busy, but had empty hands when she left so this was an oversight that detracted from our rating. This is a nice, friendly restaurant, but I wouldn't rate the food we had as exceptional - I would say it was more good to perhaps very good overall. It didn't live up to my expectations from the other reviews, but it is obviously a very popular place, right on Lee's main street.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stopped in at about 1pm for a light snack before we walked around the town. What a delightful place. Lots to choose from. Staff was friendly. Moderate prices. Light food and snacks were very good. We would definitely go again!

1 Thank Marli0209
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great pastries and good tea. A perfect combination.

1 Thank Stephen M