“It is all Greek to me”

Cuisines: Pizza
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“It is all Greek to me”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is a quant spot allowing one to enjoy Greek food in a casual setting.
The menu had all the typical selections in an easy to read format.
Not satisfied with the menu, then one of the pizza choices should satisfy your hunger.
I enjoyed a gyro platter that was remarkably good and me-lady had a substantial Greek Salad.
The prices were reasonable and the wait staff was quick and efficient.
The place was clean, attractive and inviting but not a BYOB.
Although there was not a full house at the time of our visit, there were enough people there, laughing and enjoying themselves to verify that this was a place that locals come to.

Visited July 2014

Providence, Rhode Island
“Just OK Gyros”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here in late June. We were driving by and thought that, with a name like Athena's, they would have to have a great gyro. We should have paid more attention to the pizza part of the name. It seems this is a restaurant that is trying to be Greek, Italian, American and anything else that comes to mind. The gyros were just ok. There was a generous serving of the pre-prepared processed gyro meat (maybe Sysco?) and the pita was warm and tasty. However, the tzatziki sauce was mostly just sour cream. My wife thought she could detect a bit of cucumber in it but I think she was being optimistic - not at all authentic. The gyros were served with yucky fries, the coated frozen kind. This was not the worst gyro I have had but we will not be going back.

Visited June 2014
Falls Church, Virginia
“Next to Chicago!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We went here on the recommendation from our hotel. And let's just say, we were not disappointed. Just as the hotel had stated, the pizza was wonderful. Someone from our group ordered pasta, and it was too die for. The portions were hugh, the food was good, and the staff was great. Couldn't ask for better for a good evening.

Visited May 2014
Myerstown, Pennsylvania
“Great service Great meal”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Loved the server we had. She treated us very well, and like we were regulars, even though it was the first time there. Loved it.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Daddagreat
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Mediocrity at its finest!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

While dining here with out of town guests, I was pleased with the overall atmosphere, cheerful staff and prompt service. Our server was friendly and worked to make sure that our experience was positive. I must say though, some points were lost for cleanliness and food prep. Our guests ordered fried calamari, which they said had mediocre flavor and the added bonus of a hair, which happens sometimes. 3 of 5 app plates had food particles on them, and one of our drinks had a piece of black pepper in it. I was also surprised to see that we were charged for refills, that just seems to be over capitalization. I would go back based on the quality of service, but I will be inspecting my food, dishes and utensils thoroughly.

• Visited April 2014