“Good food and great service even if you aren't a seafood lover!”

Salmon Run Fish House
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Lee
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Schenectady, New York
“Good food and great service even if you aren't a seafood lover!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I went here for lunch after a day of shopping during the week. We were seated almost immediately and our server got us drinks within minutes.

We didn't get seafood entrees, although my husband ordered a bowl of clam chowder for a starter. He said it was delicious and we ordered some to go for our son. He also loved it! I did get a house recommendation - the chicken sauteed with olive oil, feta, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and olives. It was very good and I was pleased considering I was primarily at a seafood restaurant. I did get a baked potato and vegetable on the side which you really can't go wrong with. The bread was crusty and delicious. My husband ordered a chicken club sandwich with fries. It was a good sized portion and he was pleased. Portion size and price are very reasonable.

The restaurant was clean and the service was very good. I am sure that if you are a seafood lover you would probably be even more pleased, as the menu really caters to this. I think this restaurant is appropriate for families with children and couples. Price is average.

• Visited February 2014

“Great food and service in a very friendly environment”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Had a really good dinner at the Salmon Run. We chose from the wine and dine menu which runs from Sunday to Thursday. This allows two entrees and a bottle of wine for $39.95. I had the Cajun salmon and my wife had the baked scrod. Both were very good. We also added a seafood platter starter which was scallops wrapped in bacon, calimari and prawns with 3 different dips. We opted to share and it was kore than enough for 2.
Lara, our waitress, was great. Really friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu.
If you want good seafood in an informal restaurant then I would really recommend the Salmon Run.
The check for 4 of us including two bottles of wine and gratuity came to $140 which was great value.
Next time we are in the area we will go back

Visited February 2014
1 Thank David J
Massachusetts
“Great Place for Seafood!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had dinner at Salmon Run on New Years Eve. The place was packed but we had a reservation and were sat immediately. Our server was great, as soon as we asked for something it appeared on the table. The crab cakes are delicious, I highly recommend. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, the restaurant is clean the service is superb. We will be back!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Rogue2383
Lenox, Massachusetts
“Best kept secret in the Berkshires”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went for New Year's Eve dinner with out of town guests. The lobster bisque was incredible, as was the prime rib, baked stuffed shrimp, and baked stuffed scallops. The price was very reasonable for the portion sizes. The owners were working hard, seating and serving and that is very nice to see. We will definitely return in the near future.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank nadineab
Ithaca, New York
“Good Atmosphere, Great Value”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The Bed and Breakfast we were staying at kept a binder of menus for local restaurants, and the innkeeper strongly recommended the Salmon Run Fish House. We both enjoy fish, and the restaurant was offering a mid-week special of two dinners plus a bottle of house wine for $40. It sounded good to us, and we were not disappointed. We were seated immediately (about 7:30 on a Wednesday night) and the place was a little over half full. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. We shared a calamari appetizer and ordered our dinners from the special dinner-for-two menu. The dinners came with soup or salad, and were very good. I would give this place five stars, except that my entree (stuffed flounder) was a bit undercooked in the middle, and although I left that part when I found it, I still got a touch of indigestion. Still, an overall very good experience.

• Visited November 2013