“great time”
Review of Devonfield Inn

Devonfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Lee B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2013

we stayed at devonfield for 5 days in september2013. the place is just beautiful and the owners and their staff are a pleasure. I really needed some down time and this place was perfect. The breakfast that Ronnie the owner cooks is fresh, good and plentiful. Bruce her husband and owner told us places to see a knew the area very well and was well informed about all the different activities to do and see. Lee is a beautiful little get away town and devonfield is the place to definitely to stay. Excellent time beautiful inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We have visited the Devonfield Inn several times in the past 7 years and each time we find it to be one of the most relaxing and enjoyable experiences we have ever had. The inn keepers, Bruce and Ronnie, are delightful hosts and make us feel welcome and comfortable no matter what season we stay. The inn is impeccable and warmly furnished with lovely antiques. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and efficient. The grounds are well manicured and picturesque, and one of the inn's personal touches is the vegetable garden, lovingly tended by Bruce. But perhaps our favorite feature is the daily breakfast, which is always sumptuous and homemade by Ronnie. Overall, we consider the Devonfield Inn to be "heaven in the Berkshires" and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ellen G
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We just had the best time in Lee, Mass We stayed in Devonfield and the only thing better than the hospitality of the hosts, was the bed and breakfast... Great nights sleep and then a breakfast with homemade goodies. We had such a great time speaking with the owners Ronnie and Bruce that we had a hard time leaving
All on an awesome stay!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wonderful husband graciously offered to send me away for a few days so I could complete a project that I was way behind on. I almost felt guilty asking if I could go to Devonfield alone because he and I had such a nice time there together. When he obliged, I was overjoyed.

Ronnie and Bruce, the innkeepers, suggested I stay in the cottage out by the pool and I'm so glad I did. The cottage is exceptionally comfortable and well appointed. When I work, I prefer solitude, and I loved having my own little 'house' a quick stroll from the Cookie Cat.

If you like gardens, the inn's are a sight to behold in the summer. The whole front of the inn was awash in blooms, the plantings by the pool were lush and well thought out and Bruce gave me a personal tour of his veggie garden. All I can say about that is I'm now addicted to fresh peas.

Ronnie's breakfasts are worth getting up for - if you're lucky, you'll be there for farmer's casserole and blueberry ricotta pancakes. And, if you need a restaurant recommendation, the innkeepers are very knowledgable.

My husband and I have stayed in many inns - some very posh, others very kitschy. But none are as comfortable and welcoming as Devonfield.

I'd stay at Devonfield a third time!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We have had the pleasure of spending our Fall vacations at Devonfield for the past number of years. Ronnie & Bruce Singer are excellent Innkeepers and treat us like family. Personally, my wife and I love the comfort and feel of "Fall in New England". Our room is booked for next month!!

Room Tip: No Tips, every room is different and extremly comfortable!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have visited the Devonfield Inn on at least 5 different occassions and each time is as just as great as the first. The friendlieness of the staff, the cleanlieness of the Inn, great breakfasts and the overall sense of welcome and make yourselves at home abound. The town of Lee is close and offers several fine dining spots. Not to forget the nearby Outlet Mall made the experience even better for my wife when she felt like it although there are many unique shops in Lee to experience.

As I said we have stayed at the Devonfield Inn at least 5 times and would not hesitate to return again or reccommend it to our friends.

Sue and Al Justan

Room Tip: any room would be fine including the private cottage because all are unique
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Devonfield is an exceptional place because of its innkeepers. Ronnie and Bruce are special people. They make you feel at home with their warm, friendly welcome. We can't resist Ronnie's chocolate chip cookies and her delicious breakfasts, too. Bruce is a wealth of information on the area. Add to this, Devonfield's wonderful accommodations in a beautiful country setting with swimming in the summer, abundant vegetable and herb gardens, and expansive autumn foliage to take in while relaxing in our favorite inn in the Berkshires.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
LakeHouse Inn
The Inn at Stockbridge
#2 of 8 in Stockbridge
Hampton Terrace Bed and Breakfast Inn
Federal House Inn

Been to Devonfield Inn? Share your experiences!