Devonfield Inn
$170
$150
Travelocity
Blantyre(Lenox)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroosevelt suiteb bthe penthousecookiesliving roomheated poolscreened in porchupgraded to a suitebreakfast was deliciousnew englandlovely groundswood burning fireplaceget awayguest pantrybaked goodsgrand pianomake you feel at home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We brought our hiking group to the Devonfield Inn this past June and everyone raved about the experience. The gracious welcome and superb hospitality piled on top of the lovely accommodations made our stay extra-special. The proprietors even managed to get emergency assistance when one of our cars suddenly needed four new tires. The elaborate and delicious breakfasts were served with an eye on our days' schedules and with considerable time flexibility. The friendliness among strangers who were there at the same time was a testimony to the warm hospitality provided by the Inn. We'd go back in a minute!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely and descriptions provided by the proprietors are accurate.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

An extremely well maintained property. Furnishings are beautiful and the atmosphere serene. The grounds are also beautiful. The one area I suggest for improvement is the breakfast. In addition to the lovely fruit, yogurt etc., they offer a hot dish usually with a casserole feel to it. To me, the casseroles smack of summer camp food. However, as you see from my review, that it no way takes away from my high regard for my experience at Devonfield.

Room Tip: Go for room #4 although they all looked great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mowt
Brucesinger, Owner at Devonfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. I should stop here but I feel compelled to respond to your comment that the "casseroles smack of summer camp food". First, please note that we rotate over 15 specialty entrees in addition to the very bountiful buffet that is offered. There is always something for everyone: creme brulee french toast, artichoke frittata, orange yogurt pancakes, blueberry strata, various quiche dishes, challah french toast, farmer's casserole, scramble eggs with choice of ricotta cheese, spinach and/or mushrooms, are just a few of the entrees that we rotate.When serving 22+ people at the same time in a 1 1/2 hour time frame (most people want to get on the road as early as possible) it becomes necessary to serve some of the above entrees that, although prepared as casserole, are served individually at candle lit tables on fine china.. We do agree however, that some guests like some of the entrees more than others. Since we are not a restaurant and only serve one entree, it is a challenge to meet everyone's specific needs. That's why we also present a very bountiful buffet. Let us know when you are returning and we will do our best to serve you one of the other entrees that is not prepared as a casserole. Again, thank you for taking out the time to review Devonfield.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We just came back from a vacation in the Berkshires and stayed at the Devonfield Inn.The Inn is fantastic, bedrooms are quiet and luxuriously comfortable. Breakfast is complete-fresh fruit, muffins, etc, with a full entree- delicious eggs and sausage one morning, another morning we had creme brulee french toast, so moist and delicious you won't need syrup. We traveled with two teenagers and all of us felt right at home. There's tennis, archery, a pool right on the property, golf and a river to fish in just a short walk away. The hosts, Bruce and Ronni, couldn'be more hospitable, offering dining, entertainment and even fishing tips that we were very happy to have followed up with. My 15 year old told me this morning he wished he could go right back to the Devonfield Inn. We all feel the same.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Roosevelt Suite-very comfortable with a small, separate sitting room. The boys were in the Penthouse, and loved that it was like a mini-apartment for them.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Brucesinger, Owner at Devonfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was our pleasure to host your family. You represent the future of the Berkshires.....a family that knows how to enjoy the cultural offerings as well as the outdoor activities. Thank you for making the Berkshires part of your family adventure.
Most sincerely,
Bruce Singer, Keeper of the Inn

Reviewed July 29, 2013

proprietors friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. staff efficient always smiling. inn itself was deluxe and on a gorgeous piece of property. room was light and airy and well-furnished. bathroom modern and well-designed with astonishing extras--3 ply toilet paper and kleenex. however, gourmet breakfast was less than that. fellow guests were friendly and interesting. would gladly return.

Room Tip: all rooms seemed good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife recently booked a night at Devonfield for my birthday. I have to say it is not only one of the most beautiful Bed and Breakfast, but it has it all. A warm and friendly staff, the look and feel of an historic B&B and all the little extras of a 5 star hotel.
The staff had set the fireplace up for us, so when we returned from dinner, we just needed to light the fire and it was all set. My wife had asked and they created a basket of fruit, cheese and crackers as well as a chilled bottle of wine.
I can not recommend this B&B any stronger, and I can not wait until my wife and I return...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple