“Superb Hosts”
Review of Applegate Inn

Applegate Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Lee B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I would rate Gloria and Len Friedman as the most superb hosts with a perfectly run B&B. Every detail at the hotel was perfectly thought out, everything you would need from a beautiful breakfast to delicious late evening snacks

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I visited the Applegate Inn for the first time for two nights to see James Taylor at Tanglewood and take advantage of the other area attractions such as theater and galleries. What a wonderful experience! Len and Gloria were gracious hosts, with a great sense of humor and attention to every detail before we even thought of it! The breakfasts were second to none, especially the stuffed French toast and applesauce cake and the chocolate raspberry bars were to die for! We got to experience two guestrooms, as we had made a late reservation which required staying in one room one night, and another the next and both were exceptional, with wonderfully comfortable beds and great showers. There's snacks, coffee and soft drinks available around the clock, so if you're an early riser like me, no problem, your coffee is ready when you are. The wine and cheese at 5:00 is a nice touch and is a good chance to "mingle" with others and swap opinions on area attractions and restaurants.

We've already reserved for next year and can't wait to return to the the Applegate Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed in two Queen rooms, one facing the front of the Inn and the other facing the back, overloo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My girlfriend, and I were looking to get away for along weekend, and I could not have picked a better place.The area itself has many excellent sites to see, you can not see everything in one trip.Norman Rockwell Museum is a must see, simply great! The Inn itself is comfortable, and every detail has been taken care of by the owners. Rooms are very nice, and they have everything one needs to feel relaxed, and taken care of. Owners are the nicest people you ever want to meet, and have an extensive knowledge about what is happening around the area.
My girlfriend, and I could not have been happier with the whole experience. I give the Applegate Inn an excellent rating, and I would recommend the Applegate Inn to anyone who wanted to get away, and take advantage of the Berkshires. I wish to thank Gloria, and Len for all their kindness throughout our stay! Marc and Jane

Room Tip: I caleed on shot notice, so there was only one room available. No problem, that room was excellent...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I went to the Applegate Inn for a weekend away from NYC. Our kids are in sleep away camp and we were looking for a quiet, nice place in the Berkshires. We could not have been happier with our stay at Applegate. Len and Gloria were the perfect hosts and keep the Inn immaculate. We were thrilled with the room we stayed in and with all the little, wonderful things that Len and Gloria do to make your stay special--lovely wine and cheese in the evenings, cognac and chocolates in your room, incredible breakfast served by a charming staff, beautiful swimming pool, etc, etc...i could go on and on. We are already excited to plan another weekend there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2012

What a place. From the moment we arrived we fell in love with Applegate Inn and Gloria and Len. We had 2 separate rooms during our 4 night stay and both were wonderful and comfortable. Our 4 poster bed was amazing. Each afternoon there is cheese and wine laid out which encourages the guests to relax and to socialise with each other. We felt as though we had been there for so long and didn't really want to leave. Thank you for making our stay so special.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We were at the Applegate Inn for Christmas (our son lives nearby) for the second consecutive year. For slightly more than an ordinary B and B you can stay in the spacious, meticulously restored Applegate. Len and Gloria are attentive, friendly, and will assist you in any way you need. The breakfasts are just lovely and I could happily live on the stuffed French toast. A nice chance to chat with the other guests . Sorry we never experienced the wine and cheese hour (we eat dinner very early). We've stayed in various rooms, all cozy, well appointed and with a snifter of brandy to complete the picture. Treat yourselves.

Room Tip: We didn't stay at the carriage house which I understand is more suited for families
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My husband and I wanted a quick weekend getaway to relax and unwind after a busy holiday season. The Applegate Inn delivered! Len and Gloria were very gracious and the Inn is lovely. We stayed in Room 1 which was very spacious; it had a wonderful steam shower and wood-burning fireplace. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The afternoon wine and cheese in the living room was fun - giving guests the opportunity to talk with the Innkeepers and meet other guests. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in the foyer (day and night) was a welcomed treat! Perfect location - 5 minute drive to the center of town and centrally located to some of the areas finer dining establishments. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
Garden Gables Inn
#1 of 8 in Lee
Inn at Stockbridge
Inn at Stockbridge
#2 of 8 in Stockbridge

Been to Applegate Inn? Share your experiences!