“No real ambiance; food ok”

51 Park Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in Lee
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Fresh Ingredients. Scratch Cooking. Welcome to 51 Park Restaurant & Tavern where we take pride in offering our customers a fresh spin on great tavern food. Enjoy delicious and unique entrees, sandwiches, burgers, salads and wood fired pizzas hot from the oven. We offer a wide selection of ice cold beers, wines, and signature cocktails. Great kids menu as well, so bring the whole family for a great time! Kick back, relax and enjoy. You deserve it!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited on a Fri. evening after being recommended by check in clerk at our lodgings. Sat on hard wooden benches. Our waiter was very pleasant. My husband was thrilled that schnitzel was on the menu. I ordered the orange miso salmon. It was so salty I could not eat it. Came with wild rice which was ok. Sent the salmon back without the miso glaze. It was redone but a little dry. The prices were not extremely high. Seemed like the place for young people on a Friday night.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (569)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Being from Florida, it’s not the standard to find chicken pot pie on the menu! It was delicious! We also enjoyed the homemade bread. Very nice service in a great atmosphere!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a planned excursion and called two weeks ahead to see about eating at this establishment. The person on the phone basically told me to go elsewhere and when I questioned him about it, he backtracked and told me we could take our chances as walk-ins. I should have realized this was a precursor to the treatment we would receive. When we walked in - the hostess and manager on duty were extremely rude. They talked out loud about how they couldn't believe that we came in and didn't call ahead. When I explained that I did call ahead, they continued to be rude. They seated some of us together but threatened the rest of our group with a 30 minute wait if they wanted to sit by us. They claimed it was because they didn't want to overwhelm the servers. Meanwhile, they seated several other parties by us. So, their excuse for not seating us together was a HUGE lie.
Our waitress was sweet and the food was good, but the MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE. I own a retail bakery with 3 locations and we LOVE having customers. I am not sure why these people are in the food service business when they treat customers like they are an imposition when they come to their establishment.
I would never go back to this place even - there are several other places in Lee that treat their customers much better!

1  Thank Esther H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nice, cozy atmosphere inside with sections of semi-private dining. There is also seating outside in the better weather.

Our waitress was fairly new but was knowledgeable of the menu. If not, she asked.
The selection is mainly pub food with a small section of entrees. Burgers could be beef, chicken, black bean or turkey. The food is fresh and delicious. I had a chicken burger with slaw instead of fries. I placed the slaw right on the chicken and ate it that way. I also ordered as a side , the asparagus with brussels. OMG! Delicious!

There is a full bar with a selection of beers and wines, also.
I'd definitely return after another shopping trip or even a date night if we wanted to travel 35 miles over.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

We are still trying to get in the last days of summer, so we chose outdoor dining on the porch. While it certainly can be noisy at times, it was very enjoyable.
There were 2 of us in our party. We had varying dining experiences. One of us chose the Volcano Burger with Sweet Potato Fries. The burger was monstrous, cooked to just the right temperature and was extremely flavorful. The fries were very good. The other chose the Fig & Goat Salad with Blackened Salmon. This was served on Arugula, which was by no means fresh, kinda limpy. The salmon was overcooked and tough. The panic encrusted goat cheese was wonderful and the figs were tasty.