“Delicious Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We did a GPS search of restaurants after shopping at the Lee outlets and decided upon Morgan's for a late lunch. We both ordered the special - Chicken Pesto sandwich. The Chicken Pesto was simply outstanding! I am still thinking how incredibly delicious that sandwich was - hope they put it on their main menu. The waitress was very courteous and the food came out quickly. If I am in this area again, will defintely stop by for lunch or dinner.

2  Thank irene b
There are newer reviews for Morgan House Inn

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stopped here while travelling home from Boston. I did not have a reservation and ate comfortably in the pub (as opposed to the dining room). I ordered one of the specials, a lamb shank with white beans, tomatoes and garlic served over egg noodles. The bowl was huge - easily enough for two meals. It was delicious and exactly the kind of comfort food I was in the mood for. I also had pound cake with berries for dessert, which was basic but fine. They could use some better wines by the glass on the menu. Service was very good. They turned away a couple of people so I think they would do well to keep a bar menu or offer soup, salads and sandwiches at least after 8:30. It was two or three tables with two or three guests per table. In this economy it was weird to see paying customers turned away like that. People eat late in the summer!

2  Thank marty99x
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We wandered into this restaurant and enjoyed terrific service, a nice array of choices and delicious food. Reasonably priced too.

2  Thank Soochy
Reviewed May 15, 2012

During our stay in the Berkshires, we dined at Alta in Lenox, The Old Mill in Egremont, and The Old Inn on the Green in New Marlborough (see separate reviews for all). We also chose to have dinner one night at The Morgan House. The owner seemed quite perturbed that we did not have a reservation (it was a Monday night), and made a big deal, after humming and hawing for a good minute, of saying "oh well, I guess it's all right". WOW - that made us feel SO welcome! She then proceeded to seat us in a huge dining room (an anteroom apparently to the tavern, where most diners were), in which sat one other table of people. A couple more came in while we were eating, but the room was virtually empty the entire night. Our server, a young man, was friendly and efficient, so no complaints there. Also, my husband's salmon was really excellent - this chef knows how to cook fish. But, OMG, where did they get the turkey for the "Roast turkey with gravy"? -- this was processed meat, I am positive, and the gravy was definitely canned. We do not blame the chef for this - he is not responsible for the quality of the product with which he has to work. The quality of the food combined with the truly unacceptable attitude of the owner really put a bad taste in our mouths - we will not be back. On a rather humorous note - the next night, during our wonderful meal at The Old Mill in Egremont, the owner of the Morgan House showed up for dinner - hopefully, she took notes.

2  Thank highlander88
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Very good lunch menu, large portion sizes, homemade fries. Chili was very good!