“California healthy in the berkshires”
Review of Baja Charlie's

Baja Charlie's
Ranked #11 of 48 Restaurants in Lee
Reviewed July 16, 2014

one word to sum it all up.....WOW! the atmosphere is light and attractive and intimate. The food, is what really makes one's eyes pop. not only a great portion for the money, but if you looked up fresh in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of BAJA charlies next to it! Ingredients make the meal and the Chef at Baja's knows how to use them. they also have an eclectic assortment of Beers which are ice cold. The complimentary "created" chips and salsa has one beggin for more. Don't miss this surf shack Dudes, its Gnarly to the max! What great about this also is that the food is easy to "take out" for a meal at Tanglewood or one of the lakes, etc.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I love authentic Mexican dishes but feel very few places can actually pull them off, this restaurant most definitely makes it on the small list who can. Their mole chicken tacos are out of this world! The staff was pleasant and we where very impressed with the owners culinary history along with all the backstage passes framed on the walls. My only complaint is that their isn't a restaurant closer to where I live, a must try for sure!

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The food at Baja Charlie's is delicious 10 times out of 10 but the service is patchy, strange and prohibitive. The waitress is usually spot on but the waiter/manager is kind of a flake. They really need to hire other people to face the customers.

2  Thank Satnohahcom
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I realize this is a small business and by no means do I want to deter anyone from going and giving this place a shot- it just wasn't for me. BUT- the one waiter they had on was absolutely terrible. He was unattentive, rude and miserable. He didn't greet us- just asked immediately for drinks and our order and snatched our menus. Later, (because we were there 15 minutes before close and finishing our drinks/chatting) he turned the music completely off and raised the lights as if to say- 'get out'. The other party who was still there also got the 'hint'. Maybe it was a bad night for him- we are all human...but I've never encountered waitstaff like that. Anyways- I ordered the fish tacos- they were really bland. Big hunk of fried, flavorless fish with a little cabbage and sauce. I was surprised to not see any salsa, beans...rice...lime? There was nothing. So I pushed it to the side- simply said it wasn't for me and ordered the burrito. Burrito came very fast- shell was cold and the interior was mush and cheese. No bueno. My husband enjoyed his chimichanga, my Dad liked his enchiladas- I guess I made bad choices...?!? Either way- I won't be back. I'd rather make Mexican at home that has more flavor...and doesn't involve a rude waiter. I will say that they took the burrito off the bill without me asking, but really seemed to care less.

3  Thank Sunshinedreamin
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I went here after finding out about it on Trip Advisor. It was very close to where I was staying in Lee and I love Spanish food. The place was bright and colorful when we walked it. They have us fresh tortillas and salsa to start and the waiter even recommended a dish for me ( the mango enchiladas were fantastic!) my mom got one of the specials ( beef brisket soft taco) and loved it as well. The waiter was friendly and funny. I would highly recommend it if you enjoy authentic Spanish food and are in the vicinity!

1  Thank Amanda B