“Mass Pike Eastbound Travel Plaza Experience! Thumbs down!”
Review of McDonald's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McDonald's
Ranked #37 of 48 Restaurants in Lee
Ava, ny
“Mass Pike Eastbound Travel Plaza Experience! Thumbs down!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

During a recent trip to Boston my wife and I stopped here for a quick snack. We do not usually eat at McDonald's as we have had numerous bad experiences closer to home. This was a turnpike stop though and I thought maybe things would be different, After all, what could go wrong with a simple Egg McMuffin/Sausage and egg McMuffin order?

Well I found out very quickly that lots can and did go wrong. When I placed the order I simply asked for 1 each egg mcmuufin and sausage egg mcmuffin. We had our drinks in the car and wanted nothing else. The young lady asked me if I wanted coffee and I said no just the two sandwiches. She then asked me if I wanted the greasy little hash brown patty things. I am starting to think "What is it that you don't understand here lady?" I again replied "No, I just want only the two McMuffins," Again she asked if I was sure about the coffee. I told her no, I do not like your coffee. She then performed her cash register magic and presented me with a bill of $11 and some change. I started to hand her a twenty and then stopped to think about what was wrong with the picture. I told her that the total was not correct because right there on the big glossy menu it says that the total could not possibly come to more than half of what she said even with tax added. She then said that that was because I had to pay for the whole price of the meal even if I did not want the hash brown and coffee. You could hear my country boy jaw hit the floor. I asked her if that was McDonalds policy or the policy of her particular restaurant. She said it was neither, that it was a policy decided by the governor of Mass in rules for the toll service concessions. She then said I could take it up with the governor. I said that I will do just that. I then pocketed my $20 and walked out.

I opine that when my reviews to all of the other online places I review for get posted, I just may hear from the governor or McDonalds first.I will tell you this for certain though and you can take it to the bank, I intend to never do business with McDonalds again if I live to be 100. If what she said is true, which I sincerely doubt, this is one of the most asinine policies I have ever heard of and should be investigated. ,.

• Visited September 2013