“Save room for desert!!!!”
Review of Chez Nous

Chez Nous
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Lee
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chez Nous is a chef- and pastry chef-owned operation where the focus is on real, seasonal ingredients prepared in both modern and classic ways. We offer half portions of many items, to encourage lots of tasting and variety, and we take care to prepare as many items gluten-free and dairy free as possible, leaving lots of choices for everyone. Our 1841 house has charm and comfort, and our newly-renovated bar is the perfect place to have a local craft beer, wine from our award-winning list, or a creative cocktail, along with bar snacks, our famous pate, or anything from our dinner menu.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Chez Nous is by far the dining treat of the Lenox- Stockbridge- Lee area. A nice old house with an interesting menu. Other reviewers have discussed the French owner/chef and magnificent Madame Rachel. We have only been there 3 times and truly enjoyed each meal (especially compared to the competition)

The only challenge is...which desert to choose. Yum, yum. yum!!!! This being said at home and at most meals I do not eat desert.

Oh by the way appetizers, salads, entrees, are very good as well.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We enjoyed a delightful dining experience at Chez Nous and wish we lived in the area so we could go back more often. Outdoor seating for our dinner added to the generally relaxed atmosphere. Although the owner is French and he and his American wife lived and worked in France, Chez Nous is better described as eclectic with French overtones rather than a classic French restaurant. I had New Zealand lamb coutelettes that were as tender and good as any I've had in a restaurant. Main dishes are available in small or large-size portions. My dessert was an excellent lemon-lavender posset, a custard of English provenance. I especially appreciated that the wine list included some excellent choices at reasonable prices. For example, we had the superb Abundance Vineyards '09 Zinfandel for $32. Congratulations to the owners, who take their restaurant and service seriously and provided a great conclusion to our New England vacation!

1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Food is always first rate. They now have "small plates" portions on their menu ... perfect! Enjoyed being on the patio on a warm summer evening. Rachel is a wonderful host and pastry chef!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Chez Nous is not just going out to eat, it is a fine dining experience. That being said it is casual, warm and welcoming. The menu is creative and unique. From soups, salads, starters, main courses (some of which you can get half portions which is great for sharing and trying more dishes) and desserts, each dish is deliciously flavored and beautifully presented. Really the complex tastes had many layers of herbs, spices and main ingredients yet were balanced and blended so well it all came together in one great dish . That is real skill. The desserts if you still have room, melt in your mouth. Again the choices will meet the need of anyone's palate. The wine I had was crispy, fresh and smooth. We had such an amazing time that my husband and I went back many times during our short stay in Lee / Lenox, MA. We loved the wait staff. Each person clearly loved what they were doing, loved working there and truly cared about you. If you are in the area, or even if not, it is worth the drive. This will become a part of our time in the Berkshires I hope for many years. Thanks Rachel!! Loved meeting you.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We sat outside on a warm summer night with a lovely outdoor porch that we chose instead of inside. My beet salad was great and my Cioppino was also good though I thought it was a bit sparse and could have used more fish,or shrimp or some addition.
Some of the others food was a bit bland including the special halibut and the a bit dry chicken,but they were quite crowded and we will give them another try during the next week or so.