“Great place for a special occasion”
Review of Chez Nous

Chez Nous
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Lee
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Chez Nous is a chef- and pastry chef-owned operation where the focus is on real, seasonal ingredients prepared in both modern and classic ways. We offer half portions of many items, to encourage lots of tasting and variety, and we take care to prepare as many items gluten-free and dairy free as possible, leaving lots of choices for everyone. Our 1841 house has charm and comfort, and our newly-renovated bar is the perfect place to have a local craft beer, wine from our award-winning list, or a creative cocktail, along with bar snacks, our famous pate, or anything from our dinner menu.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Came here for my birthday. Excellent food and wine menu, fresh ingredients. Service was friendly, and all in all, everyone was happy.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I have dined at Chez Nous over several years and continue to be enchanted by the food, presentation, ambience and service. This is one place that cares about food and it shows. In my opinion, it continues to be the best dining experience in the Berkshires (and well beyond). Now that they have instituted half-dishes (great for my smallish appetite and matching pocketbook) it beckons even more. It is a bit of a drive from Williamstown, but I am planning for our next visit when we have visiting guests with our love of good food.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We arrived in Lee on a Sunday night and had planned to go to Salmon Run. There was an hour wait so we walked up the block to Chez Nous and were seated immediately. I understand that was an anomaly and reservations are usually necessary. The drinks (house wine and a beer) were reasonably priced and, on a whole, so were the entrees. First, crusty warm rolls arrived at the table. When I asked where they were from, I was told Tribecca Bakery in Manhattan. The pate appetizer was enough for two. Three different delicious pates complete with garnishes (and mustard, if requested) were delivered to the table on a wooden cutting board. Entrees come in full or half sizes. The salmon full size was adequate for one, crispy on top and wonderfully cooked. Our other entree was a fish special, flaky and moist. The desserts looked great from afar. We were too full to order one. Our server was helpful, friendly and efficient. The small rooms were romantic. Our only negative comment was that the tables are close and conversations are easy to overhear.

1  Thank thirdtimeisacharm
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was recommended to dine at Chez Nous if my travels allowed me to pass through Lee, MA. My wife and I were fortunate to have the last remaining table on a Saturday evening. Reservations are a must for such a quality and highly regarded establishment. The seasonal menu offered an array of local ingredients and main courses that were as appealing and pleasing to look at as consume. They offer half portions of your main plate which allows you a tasting in a sense. The wine list was extensive with recognized selections. I was somewhat puzzled by the recommended wine of the day of which I ordered a half-bottle. I was familiar with the grape variety and didn't recall ever having it in a half-bottle. When the waiter (who was very pleasant and attentive), arrived we had an open bottle / carafe-like that would have been something a house wine would be served in. It would have been awkward to ask initially if it actually is a "half-bottle". It didn't take away from the whole evening but we were just surprised. Nevertheless, we will be frequenting this bistro again in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a very nice dinner at Chez Nous the food was quite good with a varied selection of menu items. The service was adequate as our waiter was very young and new to his job. Having raised boys we liked him a lot and were easily able to enjoy his service. If you are looking for a nice dinner at Lenox do not hesitate to dine at Chez Nous.