“Good Value, Clean (but small) Room”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Lee
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed one night with family. Room (2 double beds) was a bit tight but manageable. Room was very clean and did not reek of chemicals that cover smells. One light bulb was out and was promptly replaced.

The "free" breakfast was very minimal - bagels and some coffee. The coffee was not very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was a charming little inn that we came across as we drove through, so we decided to drive around the building, just to have a look as it seemed up a small hill. When we went around back, the owners were doing some gardening work. From having the look around, it was evident that they clearly were putting an effort in the upkeep. After talking to them, and looking at a room, we decided to spend a night. The room were we give was not the one we looked at. Both rooms, however, were very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the bonus was that wifi worked great! We have already made reservations for Tanglewood, and what surprised me was that the rates I received from the hotel directly was far below that of online. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for an economy friendly room that is clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: They have rooms on the back for added privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Located just up a small hill, this hotel was very clean and just what we needed. The rooms were not as expensive as other hotels in the area. They were tidy, well maintained, with comfy beds and free wifi.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CatLover649
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The young lady at the front desk is nice. If you're fussy and allergic to dust, I don't recommend this place. The room where we stayed overnight was dusty and smelly. I/we will not come back here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TorontoLady2014
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had to rate this property at 5 stars! I stayed here because it was very close to Great Barrington, where hotel rates are very high. The room was clean, and very comfy with just enough firmness in the new mattresses. The reason I gave them a 5 instead of a 4 is because had left my purse there. Not only did the staff found it, but despite my willingness to pay the shipping, they mailed it to me at no cost of my own. They were more concerned I got my purse back then them getting 5 bucks from me to ship it to NY. I think that's a big deal because I've left significant things behind in rooms before at big, fancy hotels. I've never had anything returned in 25 years of traveling. I think not only is this hotel clean, simple and in a great location, i think they care about their customer and go out of their way to ensure that they're well taken care of.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We booked online for $55 + tax, so we didn't expect much. It met our expectation of 'just okay'. Beds were very comfortable. The heater worked well. Wifi keep booting us off, so that was a major disappointment. Breakfast was juice, coffee, and packaged pastries. There are plenty of restaurant options nearby, but not within walking distance. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bdwyer45
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stopped for a night here after a long day of driving, and found this place to be perfect for a night's sleep. The room was spacious, quite, and had comfortable beds. The staff was very friendly as well. We definitely recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a quite night sleep.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Days Inn Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
#5 of 10 in Great Barrington
Super 8 Lee/Berkshires/Outlet Area

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!