“No Food, Great Beer (and Whiskey I suppose)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Moe's Tavern

Moe's Tavern
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Lee
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Description: This is a great pub located in Western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It has so many hard-to-find beers in addition to a great menu offering pub food at affordable prices.
Maryland
“No Food, Great Beer (and Whiskey I suppose)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

First, they do not, I repeat, do not serve food. Bit of a shock when you are starving. Second, the bartender is not engaging, but he does know his beer. I told him I liked a flavorful beer that was not bitter on the medium to dark side. He poured me a beer that was EXACTLY that, though he didn't offer to let me taste it first. I did see him offer tastes to other though. They have a huge selection of beer and whiskey. I did not try the whiskey but the beer was good. No food though, not even chips. You can go get food elsewhere and bring it in though.

• Visited August 2014

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Yup”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is an awesome bar. A really really awesome bar. And everything about it is awesome. And you can bring your own food which is even more awesome.

Visited June 2014
“My Local”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Moe's has something for everyone. You don't feel like an unwanted intruder upon walking in and you can bring anyone; friends, dates, business colleagues. I love tasting and learning about new beers and whiskeys. The only reason I don't go more is bc it is after all a bar. I shouldn't spend too much time there!

Vernon, Connecticut
“An unexpected find in Lee, MA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We came across Moe's Tavern based on a tourist map that listed their website as www.nocoorslight.com. Intrigued, we visited Moe's on a Thursday afternoon right after they opened. The clientele was mostly locals who clearly all knew each other yet we didn't feel out-of-place. There's an amazing selection of craft beers and American whiskeys. The owner/bartender definitely knows his beer! And, they now have a wine tap because, as the owner put it as they were installing the wine tap while we were there, "if it's on tap, I'll pour it." If you're looking for pub food, go somewhere else (or order take-out to be delivered to Moe's). If you want mass-produced beer, go across the street to the other bar because you won't find any Coors Light at Moe's. The selection of craft beers is also great upstairs at Trader Moe's.

Visited April 2014
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
“When I die, sprinkle my ashes here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have a weakness for good beer and whiskey without the pontification and snottiness you get from liking the craft culture. Moe's delivers the best of these things in a place where you don't need to worry about condescending jerks. No food-all American craft beer and whiskies. And nothing that's really mass-produced by the bigger brewers trying to hide behind a smaller label or stuff that's funded by an international backer. I think the "biggest" brewery I saw represented here was Dogfish head.

I've gone a few times and the owner is a great guy you can talk about beer with whether you are a novice or a die-hard. He treats everyone with kindness. I've seen everyone from locals popping in to a bunch of leaf peeping retirees who had a few too many; from craft beer fans on a road trip to regulars from all around. It's a great place with a great crowd.

You've gotta love a place where the web site is nocoorslite.com

• Visited January 2014