All reviewsindian restaurantbreakfast roomlakeside roomlake viewon site restaurantpontoon boatfront desk staffsmall lakeyogurthard boiled eggsadirondack chairslaurel lakeno elevatorpleasant staycomplimentary breakfastnice roomsecond floor
Reviewed November 20, 2017

This hotel was recently updated and it came out really nice. The rooms are very nice with great views of the lake. We had a room with a balcony with a lake view. The room was very quiet and the staff was very accommodating. Breakfast was very good too. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room with a lake view!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Carrie K, Operations Supervisor at Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Matthew-

Thank you so much for your nicely written review. We are so pleased to know that you had a enjoyable stay, and that you were so satisfied with our service and our property. If your schedule allows, you should try to make a return visit in the summer when Tanglewood and Jacob's Pillow are in full swing. Also, we have a pontoon and kayaks that can be rented for a relaxing day on Laurel Lake. We certainly hope to see you again in the near future!

Have a wonderful holiday season-

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

The Black Swan Inn is a quaint hotel that offers easy access to the central areas of the Berkshires. Carrie and the staff were available 24 hours a day, courteous and eager to help in any way needed. I booked a Lake Side Room which was wonderful. The room opened onto a small terrace with a beautiful view of the mountains. There was an outdoor fire pit and they have kayaks available to take out on the lake. I will definitely plan a summer trip to enjoy those amenities. Continental Breakfast is offered each morning and there is an Indian restaurant on site along with several local restaurants that were very good. I thoroughly enjoyed my long weekend stay. Thank you Carrie and the staff at the Black Swan Inn.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Carrie K, Operations Supervisor at Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Wow! What a nicely written, complimentary review. I, as well as the rest of the staff, cannot thank you enough for your kind words regarding your recent stay. It was our absolute pleasure to have you as a guest. I truly hope that you will make a return trip in the Spring or Summer of 2018. The Berkshires will be in full swing with so much to do (Tanglewood, Jacob's Pillow, etc..) and we would love for you to be able to take part in some of those things.

Again, We thank you and sincerely hope to see you again in 2018!

Have a wonderful holiday season!!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

We stayed there for just one night. We had a room with a view to the lake - so beautiful. And we enjoyed the firepit outside; we bought a package for making smores at the reception and made those over the firepit. The hotel might be a bit outdated - as mentioned by other reviewers. But the staff was extremely friendly. I would like to thank especially the manager Carrie Kittler - she made sure that the stuffed animal my daughter had left behind, was found and send back to us in New York. If you have kids you know what a lost and then found stuffed animal means. Thanks Carrie!

Hanna-

On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to thank you for your kind review.

I am so happy to hear that your daughter's bear made it home safely! I made sure to take extra special care of her for your daughter. I, as a mother, have had the terrible experience of leaving a precious belonging of my child's behind...and what a relief to have it returned.

It was my pleasure to be of assistance to you and I sincerely hope to see you and your family again in the near future!

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

We loved our stay here! We booked a king/lakeside (online through Trip Advisor) and arrived 2 hours before check-in. Carrie could not have been more accommodating! Not only did she allow us in the room early, she also applied AAA discount and allowed us to switch to a room further down the corridor for a better view of the lake. Our room was beautiful, clean, quiet and felt 'upscale' at a price we could afford. The bed was very comfortable and there are extra blankets provided. I noticed that the heating/AC unit appeared newer, too and there was a jet tub which felt great after a chilly, rainy day out. It was nice to wake up to in-room coffee and a peaceful view of the lake. Breakfast is more than adequate and the staff is incredibly helpful, accommodating and obviously love their jobs. Special notice to Carrie, Owen and Renee. Thank you for a lovely getaway.

Stayed: November 2017

Patricia-
Thank you so much for your beautifully written, kind review. It was my pleasure to assist in making your stay at the Black Swan Inn more enjoyable and memorable. That, and just talking to the guests, is definitely my favorite part of the job! Guests, such as yourself, truly make coming to work an enjoyable experience.

We sincerely hope to see you again in 2018!! Watch for the Tanglewood schedule (outdoor concerts)...they have some really great performances planned and I would love to see you take part in one. I do not think you would be disappointed.

On behalf of the entire staff...thank you, again, for the nice review. It makes us realize that we are doing our jobs correctly...and that is nice to hear from a guest.

Have a wonderful holiday season! I look forward to seeing you in 2018!

Reviewed November 7, 2017

outdated and room features you paid extra for do not work such as the fireplace, the place really needs a complete redo as it is very dated. Be careful when clicking on the package deal buttons for the shopping / dinner package deal as you don't get anything and the manager just ignores you when you try to rectify the issue.

Room Tip: good luck.