“Overcharged me for 250USD during my stay in july 2009”

Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lawrence
taipei
“Overcharged me for 250USD during my stay in july 2009”
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I've had a lot of business trip to U.S, this time is to boston and I chose to stay in Holiday Inn because my other colleagues stay here. Actually my staying was pleasent over there, hotel is quite friendly and clean. Everything was fine including the "checkout".
But when I came back to Taiwan, received my credit bill and found out that I've been "overcharged 250 USD" without my notice from holiday inn, the bill I received from holiday inn didn't include this item as well. I tried to call back to the hotel to complain and I've got the answer that "I've been fine 250USD for smoking in the room", this is unbelievable I've never smoked in the room, I went out to the smoking area everytime for smoking....the manager "Victor" told me that he remember me and he will take care of this in 3 days. I fooly believed in that maybe they have made some mistakes, I gave them a chance and wait for their action to return my 250USD in my next credit bill. Till now a month pass by, I got my new credit bill and I don't see the returning........I still can't believe that this is the way they treat to their guest for the big American chained hotel like "holiday inn".
I will never stay in hodilay inn again and I will never ever recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

Ms.Peng

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank crystalpeng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Campbell, CA
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I've stayed at some Holiday Inn Expresses and generally they are OK but I was very pleasantly surprised when I stayed here earlier this week. Everything is very clean and modern and from the time I stepped into the well appointed lobby, I just had a feel that whoever franchised this property takes great pride in it. The room was fine and looked modern in its decor. The breakfast was very good especially since HI Express now offers hot dished like scrambled eggs, bacon and biscuits and gravy along with the breakfast pastries, toast, yogurts, cereals etc. They even had a free computer terminal with printer for the use of guests so I could print out directions and boarding passes for later that day, an amenity almost unheard of with other hotels at this price point and something you would pay dearly for in a business center at a more upscale hotel. I generally like staying at Hilton Garden Inns since they have this same free access to a computer and printer but this hotel overall was better than the two Hilton's I stayed at earlier on this trip. The staff was friendlly and attentive and the location is right off of I-495, perfect if you are headed to or from Maine, N.H. or central Mass. All in all a really nice property with extra amenities at a great price. If I am in this area again, I will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
New Jersey
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Very convenient to highway. Recently rennovated. Comfortable beds, spacious room and bath. Good breakfast. Pleasant, helpful staff. Good price. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
VA
Reviewed October 27, 2008

This hotel is right alongside I-495, so you will want a room facing the other way.

Nothing fancy here, but it was clean and decent enough for the one night that I stayed. Pillows weren't quite total mush, but close.

More important: The parking lot doesn't have a very secure feel to it at night, and there were people just hanging around outside the hotel door when I arrived at 10:30 a.m. and when I left at 5 a.m. Believe me, they weren't the type you stop to chat with.

Also, around 4 a.m. the floor began shaking to the point that I thought there was an earthquake. It got me out of bed, but stopped after a minute or two. Very odd.

Staff was setting up breakfast as I left, but I spotted all the usual stuff. Folks were friendly and it was efficient.

This is probably OK for a night, but if you're here for a week you might seek out another hotel.

• Liked — Nice enough room at a reasonable price
  • Disliked — Insecure feeling in the parking lot
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
easthampton, ma
Reviewed August 19, 2008

My daughter and I spent one night here at the end of a vacation week. The price was great at $95 and a pretty good breakfast was included. The staff was friendly and recommended an excellent restaurant, Le Chen, next door for dinner. We also loved having a Dunkin Donuts and a Friendlys there as well. The hotel is very clean and convenient off the highway. The beds were very comfortable and the TV worked well. Free internet was a plus as well.

The only problems we had were these two things.

First, we were woken at 5:00 by the alarm clock. I really wish the staff would shut those off and not leave them preset by the last occupant. Okay, no big deal but we had to get up, find glasses, put on a light, and figure the thing out. Finally back to bed.

Later on, about 8:00, I was dressed and ready for breakfast while my daughter slept, when dogs started barking in the hall. I went out into the hall and let the owners know that their dog was waking other people and they went on and on about how this was one of only 3 pet-friendly hotels in the state. They made no effort to quiet their dogs. I guess I don't know the rules but is that really acceptable? I guess I need to read up on those hotels and find out exactly what their policy is regarding pet behavior and control.

Sorry for the rant. I detest conflicts like this and avoid them at all cost.

• Liked — Price and convenient location off highway 495
  • Disliked — noisy dogs in the hall
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jericho Vt
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Pay about 95 + tax for king with sofa bed,staff is very good,breakfast area is always good my 7th stay in last few months. Very Gd Chinese 2doors down,Dounkin and Freindlys in front, shopping ctr. short walk .Great place for money ,clean,no pool,right off hwy. If any weakness its the parking can be tight for trailers,RVS ect.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — more choice for restaraunts
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed June 22, 2008

On the inside, this hotel is typical Holiday Inn Express. As the other reviewer noted, I experienced the fastest check-in and check-out ever at this hotel. The room was comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was good with plenty of seating. Internet is wired only in the rooms. I believe there is wireless access in the lobby. My big issue with this hotel is its location. There isn't much right around the hotel - only a Friendly's and a Dunkin Donuts. Anything else is going to be a drive away. It is nearly impossible to get in and out of this hotel becuase its entrance is right at the interchange with I-495 on a very busy street with no traffic light. This is especially true if you want to turn left out of the hotel. Thank goodness some drivers let me out because I would have been waiting forever had they not. If you don't feel like you'll need to leave the hotel once you get there, you'll be fine. Otherwise, some might want to find a hotel that is closer to a larger selection of restaurants and stores.

Stayed June 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrence
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
Courtyard Boston Andover
SpringHill Suites Boston Andover

Been to Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence? Share your experiences!