“Best iin Merrimack Valley”

Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lawrence
Kansas City, Missouri
“Best iin Merrimack Valley”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Incredibly friendly staff, always smiling, always ready to assist. Great location at I-495 ramp. Close to movies, malls, restaurants. Free wifi, breakfast, gym and business center. Refrigerators and microwaves available on request.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Travelsleuth1961,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to review the property. The hotel staff love being helpful and answering questions for our guests. The features of the hotel as you mentioned are great for those staying just one night or many. I hope you will stay with us again when in the area.

Molly Mulholland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2014

A building is a building... made of materials and has no feelings or life; however, this building has warmth, cleanliness and a heart!!!! The staff, everyone, gives this structure life!!!! They are so nice and caring that you feel at home. It is truly a wonderful place to stay with your family. I am so happy that I cannot wait to visit our family in Lawrence to stay at Holiday "HOME" Inn Express Lawrence/Andover, again... for the weekend and when the school holidays allow us a longer stay!!!! In a nut shell--- a pleasant, clean and caring place to stay!!!!! See you guys soon!!!!!

Room Tip: The staff is the BOMB!!!!!!! If they know your preferences, they will place you accordingly
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Manny P
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Manny P

I love hearing about your stay. My staff works hard every day. We are a family and try to treat our guests that way too! Thank you for staying at the hotel. We are always here to be your home away from home when visiting relatives. I appreciate you staying with us and especially for taking the time to post your feedback

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Molly
Portland, Maine
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had to find a hotel fast while being stranded in Andover, MA. I was able to book a room over the phone & was pleased to hear that all of the rooms were non smoking. The room had been cleaned. I always do my own cleanliness check (for insects, etc) and was pleased to find no traces. The water pressure was great & the shower had nice hot water. I did find some hairs here/there (on bed, on sink, on bathtub rim) but they were dry and easy to whisk away. I did a more thorough check of the bed & found it to smell clean and be clean. The bed was very comfortable to sleep in. I received a call from the front desk after about 20 min to ask if the room met my needs, which was very nice. The breakfast in the morning was complimentary. There were hot/cold choices. It was nice to see that the hot items were actually hot. The breakfast also had more healthier choices too (e.g. fresh fruit, yogurt). I usually use tripadvisor to find a great hotel. I am pleased that I happened upon this one in my time of need and that it was satisfactory.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor with a window over looking some of the parking lot & river. It was qui...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Lee P,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Lawrence - N Andover. We appreciate your detailed review reminding us of the extra attention we need to pay when cleaning our rooms. We are adding even more healthier breakfast choices in the next month or two. Your comments are shared with our staff and I am glad you enjoyed the Holiday Inn Express. We hope you are not stranded again in Andover but would love to have your return!

Regards,

Holiday Inn Express Lawrence-N Andover
Cheshire, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night, it was awesome! Staff are super friendly and helpful! Room+bathroom were big,comfortable+clean! Breakfast was delicious with A LOT of choices! The employee in charge of breakfast was super friendly,and constantly working, bringing out fresh EVERYTHING,and making sure areas were wiped down+replenished! Cannot say enough good things about this Holiday Inn! Would DEFINITELY go back there!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Mary H

Thank you for your comments. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. Hearing feedback to my staff is great for me and celebrated with my staff Thank you for recognizing the morning team. They work hard to satisfy everyone's needs. I hope you will come back and stay with us when you are in the area.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Good location at ramp of I-495. Plenty of cheap restaurants and fast food places nearby. Rooms are ok. Some have fridges. A bit jaded. Noise from corridors, from both guests and staff, e.g. maintenance guys woke me up talking loudly outside my room. No room safes. Fairly clean, but hairs in bath tub. Breakfast included, breakfast staff super friendly, though buffet inconsistent, e.g. runs out of fruit and other food. I don't know if this is a HIE standard, but they have these gross manufactured omelets, which they fill with that nasty American cheese spread -- yuk, disgusting, inedible, a crime against good food. Sausage meat is also mysterious. Anyway, not bad value, all things considered.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge if you need one.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Travelsleuth1961,

Thank you for sharing your comments about you recent stay. Your feedback about staff in the halls is very valuable. The breakfast we provide is standard for Holiday Inn Express. There will be a upgrade coming to all Holiday Inn Express breakfast in the next few months Hopefully you will find these selections more appealing. Again we appreciate your feedback. I will share with my staff and correct right away.

Hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Spent one night during a big snowstorm. Facilities staff shoveled path to my vehicle and cleared the snow from the car. Very clean and comfortable room at a good value. Would recommend to anyone staying in the North Andover area.

Stayed January 2014
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We work hard to meet all of our guests needs. Living in New England sometimes it requires shoveling and snow removal. The hotel is in a great location is and as you stated is a great value to all. Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express. Hope you will stay again the next time you are in the area,

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Had been considering moving usual hotels from Hamtpon Inn chain to Holiday Inn Express. However this stay leaves me questioning standards maintained by HI Express. King room had only bed and desk chair. No where else to sit. Was plenty of room for sofa or easy chair. Why not provide? Also, one plug on desk for charging things. Not acceptable. Bathroom is basic with some mildew around grout. As others mentioned the signage to find hotel very difficult to locate.

Breakfast was pretty standard but tables spread around lobby area without much thought. Doesn't compare with more modern renovated hotels.

I saw this hotel as more of a step down from standard HI Express and Hampton Inns. Granted the price was lower as well so probably should have known based on that but the brand name should stand for something and it simply doesn't here.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Jdwells67,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the layout of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Lawrence hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrence
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
Courtyard Boston Andover
SpringHill Suites Boston Andover

Been to Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence? Share your experiences!