“Great Service”

Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lawrence
“Great Service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Spent one night during a big snowstorm. Facilities staff shoveled path to my vehicle and cleared the snow from the car. Very clean and comfortable room at a good value. Would recommend to anyone staying in the North Andover area.

Stayed January 2014
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We work hard to meet all of our guests needs. Living in New England sometimes it requires shoveling and snow removal. The hotel is in a great location is and as you stated is a great value to all. Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express. Hope you will stay again the next time you are in the area,

Molly Mulholland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Had been considering moving usual hotels from Hamtpon Inn chain to Holiday Inn Express. However this stay leaves me questioning standards maintained by HI Express. King room had only bed and desk chair. No where else to sit. Was plenty of room for sofa or easy chair. Why not provide? Also, one plug on desk for charging things. Not acceptable. Bathroom is basic with some mildew around grout. As others mentioned the signage to find hotel very difficult to locate.

Breakfast was pretty standard but tables spread around lobby area without much thought. Doesn't compare with more modern renovated hotels.

I saw this hotel as more of a step down from standard HI Express and Hampton Inns. Granted the price was lower as well so probably should have known based on that but the brand name should stand for something and it simply doesn't here.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Jdwells67,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the layout of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Lawrence hotels

Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have to say that from start to finish I was comfortable/pleased.
I was immediately greeted at the front desk by Kalisha and was quickly given a room before the
Check in time as I did not make a previous reservation. I also
Was given a water and snack so that was a warm welcome.
The next day I had to leave for work and there was a pretty bad snow storm in progress.
After having my free am coffee in the lobby, I was dreading cleaning the snow off my vehicle but the staff members Chris (front desk) and Junior offered immediate assistance to help me.
I found that exceptional service!...the walk ways were also shoveled and it was very early 3:30 am when this event happened. Later that day, I decided to extend my stay.
Jessica (front desk staff) happily arranged for that to go smoothly. I think the location has plenty of parking and a Dunkin donuts and FriendlyS restaurant are steps away ....
I had all the comforts I needed and the rooms were spacious/clean !

Room Tip: I stayed on the lower level near ice and goodie machines Also a hop to coffee and breakfast bar. L...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Troy, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I only stayed one night here for business. I loved having a Dunkin' right outside the hotel but the driveway was a little confusing as it is the same one as Dunkin/Denny's. The business center was very helpful as I needed to print some documents that I had forgotten to bring with me. The room seemed clean but smelled musty. The air conditioner was loud. The furniture was dated and the legs on the desk in the room I stayed in (219) seemed like they were going to collapse from under it at any moment. Not the best Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at but for the price, it's not a bad hotel option if you're in the area. Last note, for all the gripes I listed about the physical condition of the hotel, the staff was very nice, friendly, and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Jessica P,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I appreciate your compliments regarding our staff being very nice, friendly, and helpful. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Bathurst, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here to and from New York so only experienced this place for sleeping and having a breakfast. Have to say the beds are quite comfortable the first stay however on our way back, we were in a different room and the bed was not as comfortable as the first nights stay. The air conditioning unit needs upgrades. The food is good as it is a kick start to the day. I cannot comment on anything more as it was for sleeping purposes only and did not have a chance to really see the full facility of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JanBean,

Krysllin G.
Hurleyville, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I would never stay here again. It was an awful experience. Dirty rooms, they booked us the wrong room, and gave me a hard time about it. The front desk people were very nice but the manager Molly was rude and not very understanding. Take your money and go to a Marriott!

• Stayed October 2013
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your feed back . We work hard every day to please our guests. I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your loyalty. We hope you will continue to stay at IHG hotels.

Regards,

Hotel Management
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2013

What the title says. I'd like to say there's nothing special here, but there actually is! The staff. GM, front desk, night auditor, and housekeeping are all excellent.

Breakfast bar is clean and constantly re-stocked. That can't be said for all HIX properties. Ample parking. Keep in mind there is no pool or guest laundry (as advertised on the IHG site). This is, however, one of the more affordable properties in the Lawrence/Andover area. Easy business center, nice lobby sitting area, and they sent a few faxes for me (with no charge).

Stuff like that goes a long way.

Friendly's Restaurant and Dunkin Donuts are both in the parking lot.

No complaints. Solid five stars all around.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Andovermanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Krystal G

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express while on vacation. It is great to hear about your stay. I was very exchied and shared with the housekeeper that cleaned your room. Diane our breakfast attendant was thrilled to receive some feedback as well. Your compliments mean a lot to me but more to my staff that work hard everyday.

Hope to see you again when you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrence
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
SpringHill Suites Boston Andover
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover

Been to Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence? Share your experiences!