“best European rolls”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We are used to German bread and rolls and this is the closest you can get to European style rolls in the area. We go there most weekends and get our breakfast rolls. We also like their sticks, cheesecake and pizza!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have been going here for the past 50 YEARS and the quality is unchanging and EXCELLENT ! ! !

The pizza sauce is very sweet with a FRESH tomato taste and the crust is thin Neapolitan style.

ALL the Pastries are exceptional my favorite is the almond topped macaroon cookie!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everything.......The wait staff are codial, the variety of pastry is endless and delicious. Sometimes you have to wait in line to put your order in but it is worth the wait. If you don't have the patience to wait then you're out of luck.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Best Italian bread. They have pizza too but it is not my favorite but others seem to like their pizza

Reviewed June 6, 2012

All I can say is if you are anywhere near Tripoli's you have to try their pizza. I have been eating pizza here for over 43 years and it is by far the best pizza in the world. And I have traveled to Italy on several occasions, and this is still the best in the world. It is not your traditional pie, as one would think. It is not round, but square slices. It has more sauce than cheese on a traditional slice, and the sauce is uniquiely sweet, not so tomato flavored. It is hard to describe without having you there beside me tasting it with me so we can nod our heads together in agreement. The crust is thin, and crispy when taking a bit, meaning the slice can be held with one hand and it will not fall or droop, yet, when you start to chew, it is not crispy like a chip, but perfectly chewy, like a slice should be. The dough is also the best in the world in terms of flavor, texture, crispness and chewyness (I don't even care if that is a word or not!)

Now, I have some friends who would not understand the sweet flavor of the sauce, and would balk at the flavor because it is not "traditional," I would just say to you, try it once. If you do no like it, fine, don' eat it again...you are a Cirsty's lover most likely. If you like it, it will become your most favorite in the world the more you eat it. You just can't get that flavor anywhere else.

Since I live in Texas now, and have for over 35 years, I don't get to eat here as often as I would like (every week if it were up to me!!), so when I do get back to the northeast, it is a must destination on our list. On this particular trip, within two hours of landing in Boston, I was at Tripoli's at Salisbury Beach, MA. This is where I grew up eating the pie and will always be my favorite. I did, however, try something new this time. I read, on Trip Advisor, about trying grape soda with a slice. Now I have always been a traditional Coke man myself, so this seemed a little out of sorts for me. But, knowing that pizza would be so awesome, I decided to try the purple drink along with my box of 8. I was surprised at how well the grape flavor went with this pizza. After only one slice and a few swigs, I am now convinced that this is the way to go. Thanks for the recommendation. Once again, great advice on Trip Advisor.

Also on this trip, in fact the next day, I was traveling to a relatives house and decided to stop by the Tripoli's Bakery in Lawrence, MA. Having never been to this location, I thought it would be interesting to try the baked goods, since you can't go wrong with the pie. Well, let me just say, if you want the freshest, best tasting homemade Italian bread, pastery, cookies, or deserts, this is the place to stop. This is the Holy Land of Tripoli's, staying in operation for over 100 years. This is where it all started, the mother land for Tripoli's lovers like myself.

So, now I have two stops to make each trip here, one to Salisbury and one to Lawrence to eat my Tripoli's pizza and desert.

One more thing...I also discoved today that they have frozen slices!! Yes, you are thinking what I am thinking...I am bring some of this stuff home with me. YES!!! I can't believe I will be able to have this pizza at home. I might even share with my friends so they can see, or taste what I keep talking about every time we talk about the best pizza.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

2  Thank Doctrknow