“Never disappoints”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This place is just phenomenal!!!!! So many Mexican dishes to choose from and the portions are always big and delicious. I've been to this place at least 6 or 7 times so far and have always enjoyed the full experience. Staff is always very friendly too

Boston
“Reasonably priced good Mexican (don't let the outside scare you)”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The first time my daughter took me here I said, are you sure?? From the outside it looks like a bar but once you get past the bad neighborhood and the lack luster front, Café Azetca is cute (but simple) inside. Prices are reasonable, food is dependably good as are the margaritas. You would think that we would have a good selection of Mexican/Hispanic food in this area but this is about it! Having lived in SoCal, I am picky about my Mexican food so that's why I only give the food 3 stars. Worth a try and when we went (on a Saturday night) it was not crowded. Would be great if there were outdoor seating and a bar, but no such luck. We didn't have a great Server this time (she never came back once!) but the Owner is always there and concerned about your meal/experience.

• Visited June 2014
Salem
“Best mexican around”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family and I go here frequently. We all have our favorite dishes and appetizers but I like to try the specials. I have not been disappointed yet. Street parking only but worth finding a parking spot considering the pleasant meal and atmosphere you will find inside. This isn't a place to just come to for the margaritas and drinks. The food is top notch and the prices are very reasonable. Great value.

• Visited January 2014
New England
“A gem is a bad neighborhood”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Yes you can get the TexMex if you must, but please do try the more authentic dishes. His Poblano Chicken is top notch. We go once a week. It is great.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Fred C
Lawrence, Massachusetts
“best mexican in region”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I go to Cafe Atzeca with my family once a month, and we love it. Having grown up in the San Diego area, I don't have much tolerance for bad Mexican food. Unlike most Mexican places in New England, Azteca rarely disappoints. I love their mole (try the enchiladas Oaxaquenas). Green chile sauce is quite good as well. The atmosphere and the people are authentic, and the prices are very reasonable.

Visited April 2014

Been to Cafe Azteca? Share your experiences!