“Tube Steaks on the Merrimack”
Review of Lawtons Lawrence Ma - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lawtons Lawrence Ma
Cuisines: American
Lawrence, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tube Steaks on the Merrimack”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I used to jog at lunchtime with a group of local Lawrencians about 15 years ago. We all belonged to the YMCA and would meet there for runs around the city. Lawtons was a favorite destination. They had a door on either end of the building and we would charge through the place entering one door, yell some hot dog orders and run out the other door. Always would get a laugh. But seriously, when not jogging and when I was in need of a quick American ball park lunch I would head there. It's a gem and part of a Lawrence history slowly fading away.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jake W

Colorado USA
“A really great hot dog - REALLY!!!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just a small shack of a place alongside a canal and near the Lawrence watefall of thye mighty Merrimack River - it really makes it's mark with a top tasting and prepared hot dog - or Frankfurter. They saute their natural casing all beef frankfurter in a tasty way and even toast the New England style hot dog roll (with the slits on the top) to perfection. The hot dog tastes very distinct as it is an Essem brand. I have moved far away but quickly return to savor one of their hot dogs right away when I am in the area. Locals get their hot dog with 'the works' meaning mustard, sauteed onions and tasty relish. Yum yum yum. I want one now. Go enjoy.

• Visited April 2012