“Not Your Average Sandwich Shop”
Review of Wichit Sandwich Shop - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wichit Sandwich Shop
Andover, Massachusetts
“Not Your Average Sandwich Shop”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Wichit Sandwiches is Lawrence has been my "go to" place for a while now whenever it falls on my shoulders to organize breakfast or lunch events at my office. Their food is great and enjoyed by everyone, service wonderful, and most importantly, they deliver their catering orders.
Recently, however, I was out to lunch with a co-worker and being new in town, he was intrigued by the menu at Wichit, especially since it seems so unexpected in the heart of Lawrence. We decided a visit to the restaurant would be in order and off we went.
I have to say, while I have always been impressed with their sandwiches and salads, I was equally impressed with the restaurant. I love how some of the old mill buildings in Lawrence have been renovated and Wichit's space did not disappoint. The low lights, brick walls, high ceilings and music playing all set a very relaxed mood that suddenly seemed very far from the hustle and bustle of the office.
Wichit uses organic ingredients, homemade condiments and hormone free meats in its menu. I have enjoyed many of their sandwiches including the Union Club ( chicken salad with applwood bacon, Vermont Cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, chipolte aioli served in an all natural whole wheat wrap)..but my favorites are Orchard Hill ( grilled pears, dried cranberries, creamy brie, hot pressed on multi grain bread and the make it your own way turkey sandwich.
My coworker and I would up sharing two sandwiches, since we both felt like turkey and couldn't decide which of the turkey selections we wanted. We finally decided on the Newbury ( house roasted turkey breast, dried cranberries, creamy brie, balsamic reduction and fresh greens served in a whole wheat wrap...and my plain old boring turkey sandwich with house roasted turkey, swiss cheese, romaine lettuce, stone ground mustard and pickles served on whole wheat bread.
If you find yourself in the Lawrence area..Whichit makes a real treat. They are located at the top of Essex St. in the old Everett Mills building and not far off the highway.

• Visited June 2011